Finished painting mugen lip *pics*

ikillradio

Cod Man said:
yeah, no new factory cars are cut and buffed. except mabye like high end bently's and farrars
so the prime should be smoothed to 1500 and then color and clear with NO sanding in between ur saying?
that seems like it would trap bugs and the whole idea of the 1500-2000 grit it to smooth out the surface

but let me know what you think i am no expert

Cod Man

1.7 60'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ikillradio said:
so the prime should be smoothed to 1500 and then color and clear with NO sanding in between ur saying?
that seems like it would trap bugs and the whole idea of the 1500-2000 grit it to smooth out the surface

but let me know what you think i am no expert
well as long as you're in a pretty good area you'll be fine. being as you're not in a paint booth, I'ld say you could wetsand the clear once it dries to get the dust off. just do it all at one time and you'll be ok.

ikillradio

lets close this im going to make a new one with my entire DIY week i just completed

can i get a close mod whoop whooop

TorGa3iGhT

"torga eight"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think if you want it to be shiny like normal car paint instead of flat black you need to polish/buff it after the wetsanding after the paint, before the clearcoat. Mine came out a flatter black cuz no polish/buff. Only had hte clear coat to make it semi-glossy?

ikillradio

TorGa3iGhT said:
i think if you want it to be shiny like normal car paint instead of flat black you need to polish/buff it after the wetsanding after the paint, before the clearcoat. Mine came out a flatter black cuz no polish/buff. Only had hte clear coat to make it semi-glossy?
i did my headlights and grill diff i didn't sand the paint at all only the primer to a smooth surface (1500) but in 2 weeks i'm going to buff the clear and it already looks really nice.

*Guest*

Banned
color sand and polish is not easy in my opinion you need the proper buffer and also the right high polish glaze to get it done right ... and yes you need a good amount of clear coat.