First time at the drags

92lseg

Don't gsr/itr use the same axles?

Really didn't think the axles would be an issue at bone stock power

Looks like preloading helps a ton too

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
Itr 5 lug is a larger axle. Ls/Gsr is the same. And axles take a beating out there; trust me, I see it a lot. I've f**ked up two already within like a year

92lseg

Looks like preloading is the secret to holding axles together.. Looks kinda hard though lol

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
Preloading helps a lot and will also cut your 60' time down, but for right now don't worry about it. That's all fine tuning stuff. Go to the track on like a Saturday Test n Tune. We can get like 40 passes in on Saturdays if we really wanted to. Give you a lot of time to work on different things.
It also depends on if you just want to go all out every time and not give a f**k about being consistent, or if you want to win money in bracket class.

I feel it would benefit you to focus on things in this order: launch, then shifting, then prelaoding, then reaction, and the final touch is sandbagging

92lseg

Alright sounds like a plan, we have test and tune every Friday night all summer =)

This Saturday is a Honda event

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
Try to go to an all day test n tune. We have Wednesday nights, but you'll only get like maybe 10 runs in

92lseg

It's 4-11pm

Tracks always got events on Saturdays so ill have to do a bunch of Friday nights

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ouch. Definitely need to work on your launch.

I ran a 16.7 with my mostly stock 99 EX with 220k (at the time) miles. After a total of 15 or so passes over the course of two trips, 16.7 has been my best time and I actually ran it very consistently.

4600 launch, 26psi

Hopping like a mofo all the way through 1st
Were you dumping the clutch?

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The 60 is killing your time. Don't worry about destroying your clutch just keep traction. I ran 17.014 on a 100% stock d16y7 on a terrible track. If u get your 60 down you should be able to kill that time. Just takes practice. Make sure you practice at a track and not on the street though.

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
Too high pressures. Drop it to 20. Of you're hopping its because you're driving on basketballs. An ls Integra will go around 16 flat with a decent driver, this should be better than that. Drop your psi

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
Another piece of advice, launch on the last yellow light. As soon as its fully illuminated, dump it

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Another piece of advice, launch on the last yellow light. As soon as its fully illuminated, dump it
That only really matters if you're racing against someone or trying to get the best ET. Timer doesn't start ticking until you move. You can sit on the green for 5 hours and your ET won't be effected. Launching on the last yellow only improves your R/T.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
That only really matters if you're racing against someone or trying to get the best ET. Timer doesn't start ticking until you move. You can sit on the green for 5 hours and your ET won't be effected. Launching on the last yellow only improves your R/T.
was literally going to type this reading through this thread, so this ^