For Sale - Bumping?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
id be good with that as well but i dont think that will fix the problem.. and the problem being excesive bumping to try to sell s**t..
make a rule so that you can only bump if you're bringing the price down. :lol:

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
some forums do not allow bumping at all.... now that sucks. i hate those forums,"family like" bullshit

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I'd still like to get more response's about changing the F/S section to no post counts, since it's mostly bumping going on in there, so far it sounds like some like the idea.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd still like to get more response's about changing the F/S section to no post counts, since it's mostly bumping going on in there, so far it sounds like some like the idea.
just keep bumping this thread 'till you get a response. :lol:

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I could really care less if it counts towards your post count or not. If it doesn't count towards your post count I think there should be a 3 bump limit in 24 hours. By this I mean just posting " bump, up, etc". If your answering a question then that wouldn't count towards the "bump" rule. I really don't know how you would regulate it. Unless there is a feature where you can the site can detect certain keywords like the one's mentioned above. Once you went over the limit of 3 you wouldn't be able to post "bump, up, 111, etc." but you would still be able to post to answer questions.

I really don't know if that made any sense, but I think it did....kinda.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I support the not counting toward your post count movement.

It may not take away bumping... but I'm not too sure bumping really causes a huge problem.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I wouldn't call it a huge problem of bumping, but a thread with 20 response's of the word bump in a row shouldn't count towards one post, also not just that but people jumping in saying good luck with the sale, and so on, just useless convo like in off topic.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I support the not counting toward your post count movement.

It may not take away bumping... but I'm not too sure bumping really causes a huge problem.
really come on now its bad enough the site took away lounge posts im not one of those people who whores to get posts but i do believe a post count should be an ACCURATE count of how many posts a person has regardless of what part of the site those posts happen to be in

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the classifies section is so busy that it's a b***h to keep up with tho. Can't it be made so that your posts won't count in the classified section just like the off topic? It would probably be easier that way. :what:

:twocents:

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
really come on now its bad enough the site took away lounge posts im not one of those people who whores to get posts but i do believe a post count should be an ACCURATE count of how many posts a person has regardless of what part of the site those posts happen to be in
at one time i felt the same, but what does post count really matter, and why should it matter if they count, it's not like we're going to win an award for the most!

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BUMP! :lol:

these posts need to stop counting in the classified section! If you guys take a look it basically another lounge with people just talking s**t and not really buying anything. It has to be done!

Last edited:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I believe a post count should be an accurate count of how many useful/contributory posts a person has. The junk posts shouldn't count.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I believe a post count should be an accurate count of how many useful/contributory posts a person has. The junk posts shouldn't count.
exactly.:word:

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I support Tom's suggestion.

YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN!

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I would have to say 2 within 24 hrs. Other sites that I am part of only allow 1 per day which i think is reasonable too

EDIT: I also support the classified posts not counting.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I say either 3/day and/or no post count sound fine. both are reasonable.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
1 a day should be the way to go. If its 3 a day, in one week that thread will have 21 bumps. Seriously, its really annoying!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
And who's going to sift through every post of every person and every thread on CC to get rid of the "junk posts"?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
And who's going to sift through every post of every person and every thread on CC to get rid of the "junk posts"?
i tried that once, and yeah it's not fun, plus you get a s**t load of new threads starting up, saying why are my most going down, then you start getting hate mail, and so forth, lol.