Found a Pilot, opinions? Discuss (pics inside)

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As most of you know, my wife and I are expecting a new addition to the family in early April, and, we need a bigger vehicle. We thought we were "stuck" with a CR-V due to budget restraints, however, I found this today:

I am going to discuss trading in the EM2 and payment arrangements on Saturday. I will take more pics then.

What are your opinions on first gen Pilots?
Are there any issues I should be aware of when going to look at it?
I used to work at the Honda dealer who is selling it, so, hopefully they'll be chill with me... Time will tell.
Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
IMO they're just bigger crvs but with this one you can have room for more kids.
I'd say look at mileage and look at cars.com for trouble spots on the pilot year your looking at. Other than that its looking good.

Sent from my Galaxy S-Triple

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Currently unknown... Will post when I find out.

IMO they're just bigger crvs but with this one you can have room for more kids.
I'd say look at mileage and look at cars.com for trouble spots on the pilot year your looking at. Other than that its looking good.

Sent from my Galaxy S-Triple
I'll check that out, thanks!

If they don't give me AT LEAST 4k for the EM2, no deal. I'll sell it privately and make a nice down payment, if they still have it...

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i like em , some have a factory 10 inch sub in the rear ;)

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yes sir, its on the rear panel seems like pass side , but dont quote me on that, either way its in the rear on one of the side panels

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes sir, its on the rear panel seems like pass side , but dont quote me on that, either way its in the rear on one of the side panels
Score!

Oh, and I was just informed that my son has a Dr appointment tomorrow, so, looks like I'll be dropping the wifey off at work... Gonna drop by the dealership after the Dr and check it out :thumbup:

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It has a lot of similarities to a Ridgeline... and well, I sure do love mine :lol:

My boss just bought a '06 Pilot for his wife, and they paid like $16k with 100K on the odometer. You are getting a deal for $11k if everything checks out mechanically!

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My bf is an acura tech and he's saying take a crv over a pilot. I don't like either though Lol.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just thought I should pop in and let y'all know I didn't make it to the dealer today :( My wife canceled the appointment and turned off my alarm... I just woke up lol Definitely going Saturday though, if not tomorrow. I promise I'll take more pics and get details for y'all :thumbup:

It has a lot of similarities to a Ridgeline... and well, I sure do love mine :lol:

My boss just bought a '06 Pilot for his wife, and they paid like $16k with 100K on the odometer. You are getting a deal for $11k if everything checks out mechanically!

Nice :D KBB says 12.5k in "Excellent condition" so, we'll see...

My bf is an acura tech and he's saying take a crv over a pilot. I don't like either though Lol.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Hi Puma! *waves like an idiot* lol

Does your bf care to elaborate? Personally, I too would rather have a CR-V as they are based on the Civic Chassis (right? Lol) buttttt... My mother-in-law is teasing me about twins :eek::eek::eek: and, the wife "fell in love" with the Pilot, so, pending what the dealer has to say about trade in and payments, it may be "already ours"

Seeing as how the EM2 is "her car" she does get the deciding vote lol "I just pay for them and keep them maintained/do the modifications" not a quote, just how I feel sometimes :rolleyes:

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
He would take the CRV over the Pilot probably because from a mechanic standpoint it's easier to work on :lol:. The J35 is a great motor series... I don't think you will have any issues as long as the previous owner abided by the normal service intervals and you do too. Im part of another forum, RidgelineOwnersClub.com, and they love the J35 motor, and they go several hundred thousand miles with regular preventative maintenance. It's the same motor as the Acura RL, TL, MDX, Honda Odyssey, Accord... :thumbs up

Last edited:

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well either way I'm be doing all work to it myself, I've worked on both, and don't remember either of them being troublesome.

I'll maker my ultimate decision Saturday after I talk to them and look it over.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they are nice. now that i own my J series Accord, i have to say its a great motor. the auto trannys for the J's are weak tho, so look out for that.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's what I've heard. Other than suspension, it'll be stock, and, the wife will be driving it, so I'm not too overly concerned about the tranny :thumbup: