Found a Pilot, opinions? Discuss (pics inside)

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've heard the "weak trans" hype too, but have yet to see factual evidence. There's boosted ridgelines with no issues, even with the 4WD system..

98ej8

I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I second the weak transmissions on the J32 and J35. I think it's specific years though and they might have fixed the problem but automatic v6 have had issues.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've heard the "weak trans" hype too, but have yet to see factual evidence. There's boosted ridgelines with no issues, even with the 4WD system..
it was mostly the first year of them... like the 03-04 accord autos were prone to breaking. same as the older TL's and the CL's too. ridgelines might have a beefier trans since it is hondas only truck.

I second the weak transmissions on the J32 and J35. I think it's specific years though and they might have fixed the problem but automatic v6 have had issues.
the new autos are quite good... but the early Jseries autos were terrible. glad mine has a 6speed ;)

Just a honda!!

Registered VIP
My mom has a pilot and she loves it no problems at all with 160,000 miles the only thing is that the crv gets better mpg, but if ur wifey is driving it u cant beat the pilots safety features and awd for the winter !!

Sent from tapataalllkk

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Update: sons dental surgery got pushed up, he's going in for pre-op the 4th, surgery the 5th, and possibly getting the Pilot towards the end of the month. I might go back tomorrow and take more pics, but that's all dependant on the weather.

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S3 >.<

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They sold it :( I got approved for the full amount too :'(

Tapatalk2 T-Mobile Galaxy S3

Abailey21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My father in-law has a first gen Pilot, I had to drive it from FL to NC a couple years ago.

I liked the ride, I think some of the controls were a bit of a p.i.t.a. to access.

Being I have a Civic it felt big to me, but that's expected. Mechanically I don't recall him having any issues yet, even the recall stuff was never an issue for him.