I always liked the ek4 aka sir style. Subtle but noticeable enough

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
For the lime green skittle civic?

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah sir is my favorite. Clean, subtle, and not so aggressive that when you go lower you risk hanging it up if your local roads are less than desirable for lowered cars. At my ride height I've never scraped, and I hear the oem lips are pretty durable also. Icb has them on sale temporarily with limited supply.
http://www.icbmotorsport.com/jdm96cisirfr.html

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have an SiR now and think that it looks good but the CTR is my favorite.

CO671

Registered VIP
Ctr. Sir lip is way too subtle... Good for slammed cars because of the short height and simplicity but it looks like a Home Depot Lip, the curves aren't as nice as the 96-98 ctr

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whatever you do don't get the stupid Type R style one that you see everywhere. It's super common but it doesn't even resemble the 96-98 Type R at all.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Spoon sports, first molding, mugen, j's racing, jun, ctr, sir. If you has each of those you'd be set

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wth the type R is a simple lip, it's OEM! That fake type r wannabe crap is just ugly. I wouldn't get a fake lip because they look bad and mount up horrible unless you're good with body work and don't cut corners installing it.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whatever you do please do not get a mugen replica lip
^^^ true, it's the only replica that actually imitates the wrong version of the mugen lip for the 96-98 civic.

CO671

Registered VIP
^^^ true, it's the only replica that actually imitates the wrong version of the mugen lip for the 96-98 civic.
^ Yeah, unless it's an authentic 96-98 mugen lip, as ricey and ugly as it looks it's still a genuine brand name lip.

SiR

CTR (Civic Type R)

96-98 EDM VTI lip or i think it's the 1998 coupe OEM optional lip too

Spoon Lip (replica) Looks almost like a 99-00 mugen lip

Feels front lip

Status
Not open for further replies.