GACivic's Slow Build

GACivic

NoOb
Registered VIP
I'm just worried about the wiring aspect of it. The yellow depo lights a good choice

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was worried about wiring also. Did it, but then the switch didn't work so my friend wired them to the parking lights...

GACivic

NoOb
Registered VIP
I won't do this until I get a new front bumper, so that means I'll have another bumper to practice on =)

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I bought an ebay kit..... the switch didn't work, that's all. yours may, idk.

Decipher

Registered VIP
That's where I got mine. They look great. But I did recently see a DIY thread on here about blacking out the factory headlights... looked pretty painless:

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=74776

You might need to ask the author to repost his photos, they don't seem to be working for me. Maybe you can view them though.

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Some people just take theirs apart and paint the shiny part black. But, I personally would rather buy the ones you listed. Some people say that the ebay ones aren't sealed properly though. But, all you have to do is re-seal them if they start to come apart.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Some people just take theirs apart and paint the shiny part black. But, I personally would rather buy the ones you listed. Some people say that the ebay ones aren't sealed properly though. But, all you have to do is re-seal them if they start to come apart.
This black housing pair that I have now is the second set of headlights that I have bought off of eBay. The first ones were OEM just without the amber glass on the corner light. That pair had a tiny leak in the seal somewhere on the p/s, and would cause a bit of condensation when it rained, but it would evaporate out as soon as you ran the headlights for like 10 minutes. To fix that problem, I dropped one of those silica gel packs down in the headlight through the hole where you put the bulb in, and just left that in there. I used fishing line to make sure I could pull it back out if I needed to. That zapped the moisture right out of it though... never fogged up after that. It was a free fix too, those things come in mad food packages.

GACivic

NoOb
Registered VIP
Getting some 50/50 tails first. Are the after market eBay ones ok?

Decipher

Registered VIP
yep, got those from eBay too, OEM quality. I blacked mine out anyway but they fit perfect, bolt right up.

GACivic

NoOb
Registered VIP
I have gay clear tail lights painted black I want some 50/50s lol