Good Bang-For-Buck Mods For 93 D15B7

Loaf31

SOHC Sedan Swag
I have a Manual 1993 Civic DX Sedan with a D15B7 engine. I would like to know of any good bang for buck mods that I can do. Don't say Turbo because I want to keep it N/A for now. Here's a list of mods I've already done.

Already done:

Full Exhaust
Cat. Delete
Rims
Lowered Springs
NGK Spark Plugs and Wires

What I plan on adding:

K&N Cold air intake
D16Y8 Manifold Swap (Maybe)
HID Headlights
Fog Lights
Drilled and Slotted Rotors
Over-Bored Throttle Body

Anyone have any other Ideas for bang-for-buck mods that I can do? Any input is appreciated =)

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Giving you any type of suggestion would rely on a plan or background you have set up. So tell me, what are they? From what I can see...you are looking for stylish DD at the mean time and maybe a sleeper later for that extra feel. Answer the question with as much detail as you can.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
do not take your ability to stop the car for granted in your search for power gains.
This is exceptionally true, even if you aren't looking for any power gains. A good handling and braking system keeps you and the drivers around you safe in the aspect that they are ready and available, as well as responsive when you need them.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
If no turbo no need for overboared throttle. Cold air is more for looks. I would go with z6 or y8 intake manifold swap. Can also just do mini me swap since I am assuming that's it's non vtec.

Loaf31

SOHC Sedan Swag
Looking for a good DD with some power that I can have fun with. Looking at it now, a mini-me swap looks pretty tasty. An as for the Over-Bored throttle body, it would give me extra throttle response, which my car desperately needs. and a CAI just frees up 1 or 2 extra HP as well as makes it sound nice and throaty. But as for the manifold swap, I'd Probably go with a Y8.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Looking for a good DD with some power that I can have fun with. Looking at it now, a mini-me swap looks pretty tasty. An as for the Over-Bored throttle body, it would give me extra throttle response, which my car desperately needs. and a CAI just frees up 1 or 2 extra HP as well as makes it sound nice and throaty. But as for the manifold swap, I'd Probably go with a Y8.
A mini swap can be a good decision considering you would like slight more performance. The type of swap will be critical and can really only be based on the plans you have for that civic.

A bigger throttle body will help the mini swap produce more responsiveness with acceleration. Choosing how much power you want will determine which intake manifold would be right for your mini swapped engine.

At best, they can give those results but some tests have proven that you might get more restriction rather than power. Yes they add a bit of sound, but that is mainly for bragging rights and not performance.

Loaf31

SOHC Sedan Swag
True. If I were to do a mini me swap, it would probably be for a Z6 Head and Manifold as well as maybe an ECU.

Loaf31

SOHC Sedan Swag
I have decided that I am going to swap my stock D15B7 IM for a D16Z6 Mani. Hopefully it will get me some Hp gains and maybe better fuel economy. I've heard that a Z6 is easier to swap than a Y8.

Dragula92civic

Jewell Motorsports
I have a mani off a y8 im having polished and going to put on my d15. I didnt think it would increase any hp tho....

slowDB7

Don't know if you feel like going into the block but you can use p29 pistions to up compression, if not and you still stay non vtec for awhile if say do the I'm swap and drop in a a6 cam

Loaf31

SOHC Sedan Swag
I have a mani off a y8 im having polished and going to put on my d15. I didnt think it would increase any hp tho....
I've heard that a Y8 mani is harder to swap than a Z6, so I'm just going with a Z6 because I'm not too experienced with major engine work.

As for the pistons, that could be an Idea later on, when my car is broken in with the new Mani.

And for the cams, yeah I've been looking to get some upgraded ones, so I'll check those out!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Keep em' coming!

Loaf31

SOHC Sedan Swag
For a mini me swap with a D16Z6, would I have to do an ECU conversion or could I just Bolt it all up and be good to go? Could anyone give me the steps that I would need to do? Thanks.

slowDB7

you have 2 options for the ecu,

keep the p06 you have and get the vtec conversion from xenocron and chip with p28 maps

or

buy a p28 ecu

also forgot to mention this earlier, but you could swap in an ex trans

Loaf31

SOHC Sedan Swag
For the ECU, which would be cheaper? I'm on a bit of a budget. and a Transmission swap is a bit of a big job for me right now haha. Maybe later on down the road. But I'm interested in a mini me swap.

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
Find a c1 block on craigslist throw it on a engine stand put some new bearings and rings in it etc get it freshened up by a machine shop. Save up more and find a b16 or b18c1 head on craigslist and get it checked out freshened up put them together, save up and find a b series transmission than put the swap in