Good intake?

Brandon18

I know AEM is a good company,
And I will be probbally buying the same one to be honest.

civicmand16y7

Registered VIP
save your money and buy a ebay cheapy and change the filter to a K@N filter and call it a day. All your buying is the name

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
save your money and buy a ebay cheapy and change the filter to a K@N filter and call it a day. All your buying is the name
don't even do that.. exposed filters become dirty quickly slowing the flow of air.. just get a replacement K&N drop in filter.. that is honestly the best option you have in these cars..

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I shouldn't get the short ram? Just get a K@N filter?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I shouldn't get the short ram? Just get a K@N filter?
that is your best bet.. see what happens is.. these companies throw brand new clean intakes/filters on cars.. work the s**t out of them to eek out every little inch of HP and then advertise that as expected results.. even at that at best it is a couple horse.. but that is on a SPOTLESS clean filter.. once the thing gets dirty it is going to greatly reduce flow... the factory filter box is nice because it keeps the filter clean.. that is the route I took on all my Hondas.. K&N in a box.. in the beginning I had some "filters on a stick", but honestly they look like s**t and are a waste..

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Id say dont do anything till ur car (if thats it in the sig) Is painted.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ebay short ram or a K&N drop in... don't bother with the expensive ones.

Like buying alcohol for the SOLE purpose of getting hammered. $10 of cheap rum, or $30 for the same amount in name brand. Both will get the job done just fine. ;)

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yah, save your money for a paint job

FlipSkater079

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had a K&N drop in filter and switched to an ebay intake w/ AEM dryflow filter. I'm happy with my results, car sounds nicer now and it was cheap.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think I'll go for the K@N drop in and I know I need a paint job, just dont get paid enough.

CDubs

Registered VIP
Like buying alcohol for the SOLE purpose of getting hammered. $10 of cheap rum, or $30 for the same amount in name brand. Both will get the job done just fine. ;)
totally putting this in my sig =) haha

but yeah do the drop in...thats what i did and prefer it over the short ram

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Some good advice in this thread for once.

You're only paying for noise and 1 or 2 horsepower, if that. Save up for something more important, like fixing any issues. Or just save up for a DOHC swap.

Caz

Some good advice in this thread for once.

You're only paying for noise and 1 or 2 horsepower, if that. Save up for something more important, like fixing any issues. Or just save up for a DOHC swap.
Thats because noise sounds good. I ditched my stock intake and put on a cheap filter from autozone with a 90 degree angle pipe (just long enough so the filter fit comfortably) and I love it; it sounds great and didn't cost much. Whether it increases horsepower or not, it sounds way better than stock and also improves the under hood appearance.

If you can get that AEM short ram for free, go for it, you'll like it.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmm. Maybe it'll take away from the heat shield rattle sound lol.