Good samaritans are still alive!

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So tonight on my way home from work, I stopped at the local Seven Eleven to pick up a little treat for myself since my husband was working late tonight. I had my cell phone in my left jacket pocket the whloe time. By the time I got home and settled in 5 minutes at my house, I was looking for my phone franticly to call my husband and let him know I was home from work finally. Sadly, I looked all around in my house, around my front yard in the rain, in my garage where I last got out of the car, cleaned out my entire car, and even drove back to the Seven Eleven where I last had it to ask if someone had returned it.

So with no luck at trying to relocate it, I imed Dank when I got home and asked if he would call my phone and see if anyone would answer it. He had no luck, but didn't hesitate to help a buddy out even if we live over 500 to 600 miles away.

Finally one of my local buddies on my im list signed on, so he called my phone MANY times and finally someone answered it. Sadly at my request they told my buddy that they can't meet me at where they found it, but gave him the address to where I can pick up my phone. As shady as it seemed, preggers and all, I ventured 4 blocks from my house to pick up my phone that a stranger kindly took home with them. No questions asked, I rang the door bell and asked the lady whom answered the door if they had my phone. She kindly gave it back to me and I thanked her many times.

To Dank, my other buddy Dan and the kind hispanic couple that found my phone... I thank you all for helping out another person find their property again and learn not to be so careless. :D

I myself ran into a similar situation today. I was on my break from work at a Starbucks and found someone's brand new credit card laying on the ground by one of the tables. So I let the starbucks crew know I had found a card and to let the person whom lost it, if they ever came back looking for it, to know that I took it to the store security folks and had them handle it. :D

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just curious... Why didn't you call the phone yourself?

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
maybe she doesnt have a house phone

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't understand you non land-liners...

I've had people turn in my cards before... and one time I left my cell on the counter of a gas station and it ended up fifteen miles away at some Car Toys (car audio store)... go figure.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe she doesnt have a house phone
Yep... I dropped the landline because Comcast wanted to charge me $58 a month for it, along with internet $58 and cable $58 a month. :roll: So since my 6 month contract ran out, I'm waiting for a good deal to run again for all 3 services all together for under $70 per month. :D

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah my parents cut the house phone down to 20 a year with some magic jack thing that goes on the back of the computer

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Wow lucky you.. I'm glad you got your prized possesion back. Good people will always be left in this world.
Some of us arentt lucky. My girl lost her phone and we called it, some girls answered and were acting stupid. She cried and I felt bad. Karma ftw!

A few days ago I found a fat leather wallet. I wanted to open it but I didn't want temptation to take over so I grabbed it, gave it to security and went on my merry way. The reason I did that is because when I lost my wallet, someone mailed it to me (with no cash though).

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you can best believe if you had nudez on there, they'll be on the web any moment :yummy:

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
since we're talkin about good samaritan's and cell phones. i too experienced that 4years ago.
i was at Super Walmart about to leave and i had to buckle my daughter into her car seat. so i put my phone down on one of the chairs in front of the cashiers. I just left and took off. when i got in my car i realized that I didn't have my phone in my pocket. This was when the blackberry pearl first came out.
I went in there and it was gone. so i called it and no one answered. i text to tell them i needed my phone. an hour later i receive a call from a guy. he tells me he found my phone in the automotive section. he gave me directions to his house, which is pretty much the worst...WORST part of town. so i went there at 1am (dumb i know) drove by the house like 3times and then sat outside a while to talk to the guy and had him come out while i parked a few houses down from him.
when he gave me the phone he said he was just tryin to pay back what was done to him. a few years before that before he moved into my town he had cahsed his check and kept all $7000 in his pocket, he was on his way to buy his son a car. well for some reason he set that money downsomewhere (it was in an envelope). as soon as he got on the freeway he realized the money wasn't on him. FREAKED out he called the bank, the gas station, liquior store...he decided to go back to the last store he was in...QUICK STOP. some guy was waiting for him for with his money...UNTOUCHED. then the guy left after giving him the money...

that's a GOOD SAMARITAN

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think he ment, the people took the cash that was in the wallet, not that he didn't have have cash in the wallet.
i think he's calling bullshit on him claiming to have had cash in his wallet at anytime :lol:

ketadotdot

aka babymilo36
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thank goodness, theres also super assholes out there too
that story with the $7000 is amazing, what a nice person

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow lucky you.. I'm glad you got your prized possesion back. Good people will always be left in this world.
Some of us arentt lucky. My girl lost her phone and we called it, some girls answered and were acting stupid. She cried and I felt bad. Karma ftw!

A few days ago I found a fat leather wallet. I wanted to open it but I didn't want temptation to take over so I grabbed it, gave it to security and went on my merry way. The reason I did that is because when I lost my wallet, someone mailed it to me (with no cash though).
My connection to the outside world and getting ahold of my husband, 911, my doctor's, my parents, or anyone else is through my cell. Between now and January 18th (my due date) I can give birth any minute.
So it's def very important to me.

I've had my wallet left on the back of my car when I was 18 at a gas station while I was pumping gas and drove off. Some guy picked it off the side of the road and looked up my home phone in North Carolina telling me he had found it and gave me the address to pick it up in his mail box. Of course my credit card was in the wallet, but that was missing. After calling the card in stolen/lost that very minute I got home, I found out some douchebag paid off ALL of his DEBT with the cable company which was $300, purchased $100 in phone cards, $80 in diapers at a local Ingles grocery store, and bought a pair of shoes at Payless. After making the credit card company look up WHERE he paid the cable company, they were able to give me an address in the f**king projects of town and I showed up with one of my parents friends, who's a local deptuy sherif, on his door step. Dood bout s**t himself and gave me the card back.

I was at a nightclub 3 years ago in downtown Chicago celebrating another CCer's bday. I lost my cell phone and my keys on the dance floor. Of course I had a few shots of something and tottally lost my buzz when I noticed I dropped it while grinding on someone. :smackself: So I had my buddy Dan run back to the dance floor and he located my car keys, but was unable to find my phone. It was a cheap God damn Nokia phone. I lost the phone around 12:30 am. SO after callling it 9823572938457928347 times. Finally at 4:30am Some asian guy answers it and says "I have yor fone" and I said "yeah you do. where is my phone?' 'I have yor phone' and then the cock sucker hangs up on me. I had calls traced to f**king CHINA on my f**king Sprint bill. :angryred: Yeah... Sprint wouldn't drop the charged calls because I didn't report it stolen sooner, nor canceled my contract. :roll:

I had my coach purse/wallet stolen from a bowling alley last year. Of course I somehow managed to have my debt card in my back pocket, but I had also another credit card in my wallet for which another douchebag charged $187 in crap at a gas station. Nothing was ever returned from that. The hassel of getting a license and social secuirty card again was a f**king NIGHTMARE! All of my paper work and birth certificate was still in North Carolina at my parents house because I was in the process of moving back to Chicago again. Snail mail FTL.

If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. :lol:
you can best believe if you had nudez on there, they'll be on the web any moment :yummy:
I had naked pics of my buddy Shane from Florida on the phone. :lol: (Yes, my husband knows.) :lol:
since we're talkin about good samaritan's and cell phones. i too experienced that 4years ago.
i was at Super Walmart about to leave and i had to buckle my daughter into her car seat. so i put my phone down on one of the chairs in front of the cashiers. I just left and took off. when i got in my car i realized that I didn't have my phone in my pocket. This was when the blackberry pearl first came out.
I went in there and it was gone. so i called it and no one answered. i text to tell them i needed my phone. an hour later i receive a call from a guy. he tells me he found my phone in the automotive section. he gave me directions to his house, which is pretty much the worst...WORST part of town. so i went there at 1am (dumb i know) drove by the house like 3times and then sat outside a while to talk to the guy and had him come out while i parked a few houses down from him.
when he gave me the phone he said he was just tryin to pay back what was done to him. a few years before that before he moved into my town he had cahsed his check and kept all $7000 in his pocket, he was on his way to buy his son a car. well for some reason he set that money downsomewhere (it was in an envelope). as soon as he got on the freeway he realized the money wasn't on him. FREAKED out he called the bank, the gas station, liquior store...he decided to go back to the last store he was in...QUICK STOP. some guy was waiting for him for with his money...UNTOUCHED. then the guy left after giving him the money...

that's a GOOD SAMARITAN
Both are great stories!

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't understand you non land-liners...[ /QUOTE]

dont have one at my house either

however when my cell phone contract runs out in feb i think im gonna drop that all together and get a land line, they are like $7 / month if you prove youre low income ... then illl just use skype to call people back if they arent local

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
butt secks, all over the place

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
When i was working at the honda dealer me and one of our gold techs went to 7-11 to get a drink and in the parking lot 200$ was blowing around. We gathered all of the money up and gave it to the manager at 7-11. She said if no one comes for it in two weeks to come back and she would just give us the money. We wIted two weeks and no one came back for the money so we split the money down the middle. That was the se ond time that has happened to me. The other time was at the mall.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
um yeah... dank has your # but I don't?