Got me a 98 Ex

dpt0415

I'm new to the site so im still trying to figure this out. So I got me a 98 Ex not too long ago. I haven't done anything to it myself. This is the way i bought it. I like it, I mean I don't mind the way it is right now but I know it can look much better. Any suggestions/ideas on what to do to it. Thanks in advance.

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
lower it. it looks like a monster truck. other then that, looks clean.

CDubs

Registered VIP
slam her and get a front lip =)

emerican

Registered VIP
Welcome to the site lip kit and drop it if you have the money to drop it right.

dpt0415

Welcome to the site lip kit and drop it if you have the money to drop it right.
What would be the best way to drop it ? I was thinking of coil-overs because of the adjustability, but truthfully what would be the best way ? LMAO, a 4x4 monster truck. Hilarious. Thanks anyways, I'll take all of your guys advice into consideration.

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks good. Welcome to the site. Just drop it and do a lip kit (paint matched) and you should be set.

dpt0415

Whoa this died quick !!! Any more suggestions please? !!!
Here's an update on it. Lowered, makes it look a lot better than before. Front and rear lip (should I color match both lips ?) Thinking of buying new rims too, black preferably (size?). Opinions on how it's looking welcomed.

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
i say yea color match the lips what brand are they btw and get some oem wheels si's or twisties then save for some legit rims.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wouldn't even bother with si's, I would just save for legit rims now... Why waste money on something you don't need to accomplish something you really want?

Well that is if you really want something nice...

Lowered looks sick and yes Paint Match is the best!

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think we need more pics, that car looks 1000 times different?

Lowered, lip, SI stuff when it is clearly not an si, hmmmm more pics please

dpt0415

I think we need more pics, that car looks 1000 times different?

Lowered, lip, SI stuff when it is clearly not an si, hmmmm more pics please
I don't understand, are you asking me if it looks 1000 times better ? Youre saying to lower it more ? And what about the Si stuff ?

dpt0415

i say yea color match the lips what brand are they btw and get some oem wheels si's or twisties then save for some legit rims.
Mmm that doesn't sOund too smart dude. Spend money to spend more money? I would keep my wheels that I have now and then buy "legit" ones. (skip the Si's) I know I said that I want to buy new ones, but what is wrong with the ones I have now ? :-) what are some legit ones by the way ?

jeders

Guamster : ]
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes to the color match lips and yea just save for some nice legit rims. such as, volks, bbs, j-lines, gram lights, regamasters, spoon, mugen, enkei's, advan, sprint harts, etc, which ever one floats your boat.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't understand, are you asking me if it looks 1000 times better ? Youre saying to lower it more ? And what about the Si stuff ?
I am saying that the car looks different.... And you said that all you did was lower it when there is a ton more... looks like an SI now.... Post more pics

emerican

Registered VIP
Agreed on the strange logic of spending money on rims you dont want to save for the ones you do. Personally i like si rims and a few other oem wheels on the right car. If it was me though i would ride what you have untill you have the money to buy exactly what you really want.