Greddy EVO vs. Apexi N1 exhaust???

VTECSOHC02

On The Raod To Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats cool and all, and I'm not bashing the N1 in no way much respect to Apexi, HKS, and Greddy. But from what I heard the Tanabe sounded best to me on a 7th gen civic. Don't know how it sounds on a later model but make note that 1 brand on 1 model will perform differently on another. I say go Tanabe SRM or Gready Evo II. (Careful with the large canister on the Evo though if you plan on lowering).

PANGES

Tree > Skyline 240sx :(
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
VTECSOHC02 said:
I say go Tanabe SRM or Gready Evo II. (Careful with the large canister on the Evo though if you plan on lowering).
actually, the evo is supposed to be really good with lowered cars, as opposed to the n1 and alot of hks exhausts

VTECSOHC02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My buddy had a Evo with eibach spring (7th gen) and the canister scraped.

Silentrider

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How louder is the N1 compare to Evo ll? How about the Tanable Racing Medalion
Does the sound get louder when you get into higher rpm?
Have any of you been stop by a cop for exhaust being so loud?
Thanks

VTECSOHC02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know how loud the N1 is. The Evo is not really loud but a nice tone!!! I have the Tanabe SRM and its louder then the Evo but with the same tone. I'm running without the silencer also. Oh... I've never been pulled over for exhuast. Speeding is a different story though, but love hearing my exhuast at high rpms and speed.

gents97civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My friend has a 99si with quite a few mods...as for exhaust he has a tannabe racing medialion, a dc header, and a test pipe. It sounds stock at idle, but when he gets on it, it is louddddddddd. High pitched it sounds awsome. Especially since he has mods done and ditched factory computer and rev limiter. 9k makes it pretty loud also. As for me I have a 97 ex, with a gutted cat and a no name carbon fiber muffler. It sounds alot deeper than his and not quite as loud. I think I am goin to get a tsuedo n1, a test pipe, and a header off ebay. So I myself am curious as to what people think about the n1. I dont have money for the real deal, but have heard that the tsuedo isnt too bad.

gents97civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh yeah....cops dont really stop people where I live for exhaust. Not unless you are a jackoff right in front of them. So the louder the better, so long as I can hear the radio inside.