GReddy Turbo Kits for 6th Generation Civics

bamboo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyone have one of these installed? I'm getting one installed at the end of the week (unless you guys convince me not to with your posts). I want to know what kind of dyno results you've gotten from them. I've heard that you should get 230 at the wheels. That seems like a lot for only 6 lbs of boost. I mean the Edelbrock is 176 at the wheels. Can anyone confirm these numbers? Or have numbers of their own that they'd like to share? Thanks.

vspec sir

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
230 @ the wheels seems too high. From all the reading i've done on the internet, i've noticed that the average is about 200 at the wheels. I'm trying to save up for a Greddy turbo for my Si.

civickidd99

not fast, but it's paid 4
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is there much difference from the Edelbrock kit? Price and what it includes. I was thinking about the Edelbrock kit, but if more people post, then that may change.

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you want to go with kits, id go with the edelbrock, because its use of a t3 flage on the manifold and dp. this way, down the road if you wish, you can upgrade to a larger turbo. also, the greddy kit doesnt come with an intercooler or bov (i think) so its gonna run you up into the 3 grand range. id say get the edelbrock....if you want to go with kits. my route would be constructing your own homemade kit. friend of mine did it to his z6, and make more than the greddy kit.

needboost

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm going greddy in the spring. it all depends on what kind of power you wanna make man.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I heard that the greddy kit at 6 PSI will give an SOHC 170 wheel horse power...but you can turn up the turbo and probably get 230

h1coupe

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think that a d engine on 15psi of boost(about max for the greddy) is making 230-250whp and 190-210whp on 10psi! and like 2kstreetcivic said about 170whp on 6psi

Carlip

Got boost?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was thinking of getting the Full Race stage 3 turbo kit, what is this Edelbrock kit like?

Got any links?

thanx.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by h1coupe
i think that a d engine on 15psi of boost(about max for the greddy) is making 230-250whp and 190-210whp on 10psi! and like 2kstreetcivic said about 170whp on 6psi
ya those are about right I think....But if you built up your d-series engine a little bit, you could probably get like 200 wheel horse power in like 6 psi..that would be nice

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the full race kit is BAD ASS!!!!! too bad its 4g's for just the manifold, bov, wastegate, ic, and turbo..... full race is worth it if you got the case. greddy, imho, is a waste.

Carlip

Got boost?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SO i'm thinking of sticking with Full Race then....:D

needboost

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i don't think greddy is a waste, unless you are just looking to make over 300 hp. anyways, bigger turbos = bigger lag and we all know turbo lag sucks.

Carlip

Got boost?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ppl watch F&F too much, NOS is a brand....N2O is the gas...!!

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by needboost
i don't think greddy is a waste, unless you are just looking to make over 300 hp. anyways, bigger turbos = bigger lag and we all know turbo lag sucks.
true but if you find that perfect turbo you wont get that much lag and alot of power....which ive found...up to 250whp with tuning..... and carlip...i know him..he resides in CT

Carlip

Got boost?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How far is he in doing the Full Race kit?

Has he finished it yet!?! or given up!?