gsr turbo civic build

d16_turbo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tonight i made brackets for the intercooler, and got the bumper trimmed to fit around the ic

snoob

9k RPM and 1+ Lateral G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very pleased with the progress of this thing~! looks great so far

Civic2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im just sayin that you wouldnt throw a t98 on a civic and expect to get mad power........there is such a thing as too big.....fastest quarter mile civic in the world at 6.52 runs a t88....gotta know what size turbo will work best with your motor..........also youre planning to run 18 psi on that big turbo and a stock motor? theres a difference between 18 psi on a t3/t4 and whatever it is youre running........youre gonna do whatever you want either way but this motor will not last....youre taking all the time to build the thing you might as well go all out while you have it torn apart and just do it right the first time.....re hone the cylinders, check your valve guide's and seats, check your valve spring heights, golden eagle oiling kit, head studs......you cant just throw more air and fuel at it and pray that your tune is gonna make everything work to par........im not flaming you but honestly it looks like you rushed into this build without thinking about what would be best for making power.....i would take a built gsr with a gt35r at 15 psi, a fmic, and fuel and ignition upgrades over this car anyday.........take a look at all the other turbo civics being built......theres a reason people all build them the same way and thats because thats how you get optimal power and reliability

d16_turbo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im just sayin that you wouldnt throw a t98 on a civic and expect to get mad power........there is such a thing as too big.....fastest quarter mile civic in the world at 6.52 runs a t88....gotta know what size turbo will work best with your motor..........also youre planning to run 18 psi on that big turbo and a stock motor? theres a difference between 18 psi on a t3/t4 and whatever it is youre running........youre gonna do whatever you want either way but this motor will not last....youre taking all the time to build the thing you might as well go all out while you have it torn apart and just do it right the first time.....re hone the cylinders, check your valve guide's and seats, check your valve spring heights, golden eagle oiling kit, head studs......you cant just throw more air and fuel at it and pray that your tune is gonna make everything work to par........im not flaming you but honestly it looks like you rushed into this build without thinking about what would be best for making power.....i would take a built gsr with a gt35r at 15 psi, a fmic, and fuel and ignition upgrades over this car anyday.........take a look at all the other turbo civics being built......theres a reason people all build them the same way and thats because thats how you get optimal power and reliability
you must have been reading the first few pages of this thread. Im not using a stock motor anymore, the block is about to be sent off to get sleeved, and the rest of the internals will be getting ordered soon. Im shooting for 800 whp and this turbo can make over 900hp. If you get on Honda-tech and look at all of the other SFWD cars you can see that most of them with b series motors have the same turbo on there car. i can name alot of people that use this turbo, and it works great for them. You obviously have never built a turbo car before

VTEC_Lover

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

yea bro i would of read the first few pages first ya would of answered all your comments ya made wondering about it

Civic2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea bro i would of read the first few pages first ya would of answered all your comments ya made wondering about it
sorry haha it was late and theres a bunch of pages on here......and yes d16_turbo i have built a turbo vehicle before, it was a t3/t4 on a d16y8....and about your turbo, maybe it just looks big in the picture idk but now that i know that youre going for 800 that completely changes all my thoughts on it lol

d16_turbo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sorry haha it was late and theres a bunch of pages on here......and yes d16_turbo i have built a turbo vehicle before, it was a t3/t4 on a d16y8....and about your turbo, maybe it just looks big in the picture idk but now that i know that youre going for 800 that completely changes all my thoughts on it lol
hahaha if you look through this thread you can see that i change my mind about stuff alot.

The turbo is the bullseye power (borg warner) s372 ( 72 mm inducer) with the race compressor cover, it's very similar to the garrett gt42r.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
To be honest, I don't see this car lasting. I don't think your welds are going to last, they look like s**t. You change mind too much. You have a racing fuel cell, but decided to use the tank.

You're making alot fo decisions that I personally would have gone against.

You up the core support, but then don't do anything to reinforce it.

You should of done something like that for reinforcement. I can tell now, your going to have problems with your chassis bending and s**t.

d16_turbo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
To be honest, I don't see this car lasting. I don't think your welds are going to last, they look like s**t. You change mind too much. You have a racing fuel cell, but decided to use the tank.

You're making alot fo decisions that I personally would have gone against.

You up the core support, but then don't do anything to reinforce it. .

the core support isn't done yet. I ditched the fuel cell cause the class im running in doesnt allow them.
the car that you posted probably runs in the hot rod class, and the class i run in requires headlights, and im not allowed to run a 1 piece front end either. btw which welds are you talking about

Civic2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i believe hes talking about the welds on the turbo mani and the downpipe.......but your right that does sound like a good turbo to run....shouldnt have doubted you haha