gsr turbo

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
my friends got a 95 integra with a gsr swap(b18c1) and we bought a cheap ssac kit for it....we want to run around 300 hp on the stock motor......i was thinking 550cc rc injectors? and i was wondering if 2.5" downpipe and exhaust would work on the car? he doesnt want it to loud and the downpipe that comes with it is 2.5"

Phantom Civic

Never Satisfied
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
2.5" will be fine for 300whp.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i wouldnt recommend it

Phantom Civic

Never Satisfied
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i wouldnt recommend it
Why? It will slightly slow spool and take a few more psi to get to 300whp but it ain't that big a deal as long as you don't have a cat.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the back pressure that will result can cause detonation

Last edited:

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thats what im going to run 3" all the way back including downpipe

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
huh? what are you talking about?
the build up of heat from back pressure can cause detonation. maybe 2.5" is wide enough to keep it at bay, but its not something that i would want to find out.

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the build up of heat from back pressure can cause detonation. maybe 2.5" is wide enough to keep it at bay, but its not something that i would want to find out.
the heat would be kept in the exhaust/turbo. flow exiting the cylinder head isnt going to back up into it and cause detonation.

i can guarantee that if you hooked up an EGT gauge on a properly tuned 2.5" setup vs a properly tuned 3" setup, there would be no difference at all.

s**t i ran 2.25" exhaust at 12psi on my first setup for almost a year, including 110+ degree summer heat, and never once had detonation. i even pulled the head off to swap to ARPs and a Cometic and the pistons looked mint

jdmallen97

Mad Jdm y0
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
u can easily make 300whp wit a stock gsr but hopefully the manifold doesnt crack cuz everyone i no has ssautocrap and it cracked on them

B2ohBOOSTED

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if ur staying in the 2 inch range atleast go 2 and a half/quarter and i can gurantee once you see what 2 and a quarter looks like your gonna wish you had a 3 inch... i got a 3 inch and i wish it were bigger for my setup...

but if the kits got it hell why not use it if its already there...

and (whitecoupe) why dont you get off dudes nuts and stop TRYING to act like you know what your talking about cuz dude ur clueless...

killer_siller

my real car is a toyota
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
keeping a little bit of heat in the exhaust isn't a bad thing. it actually helps. with larger exhaust systems the air coming out of the turbo cools more quickly and then slows down, while it has a bigger diameter it doesn't flow any more than a smaller exhaust system that's keeping the air hot.

my suggestion: keep the 2.5" DP. if you feel like running 3" after that go ahead, but packaging that is going to be hard, and not worth much over a 2.5"

d16_turbo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you should just run a fmu so it will complete the rest of a shitty turbo kit

mike@synapse

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ill keep my ssac comments to myself, but otherwise. a 2.5" exhaust wont be a problem at all. as long as you get a proper professional tune.

also 550cc injectors will work great

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea the ssac kit is just an expierment i already told him the manifold will either crack or the turbo will blow seals.....he said once that happens he'll just buy a new turbo or manifold......i wanna see how SSAC will hold up IMO i see everyone talking s**t on it....well we'll see how it really is......i think hes getting the same turbo as greens got....the 50/63?

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
another question......we live in a small town in missouri and theirs not any dyno's around here probably until Kansas City.....is their anywhere we can order a ALREADY TUNED ecu for his gsr....or maybe a basemap?