gsr turbo

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
picture time.....for 745 bucks this kit was actually not bad looking.....but we'll see how it actually does when its put to use....

turbo manifold:

couplers and gaskets:

2.5" downpipe:

rfl bov:

fpr:

38mm wastegate:

FMIC:

fitted piping:

filter:

and ofcourse the beast, T3/T4 .50/.63:

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
another question......we live in a small town in missouri and theirs not any dyno's around here probably until Kansas City.....is their anywhere we can order a ALREADY TUNED ecu for his gsr....or maybe a basemap?[/QOUTE]

phereable.net or something is where i got my ecu, you can program all your personal settings to get a good basemap

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
after all the horror stories, it amazes me that people STILL try these manifolds...

fsteclipsegst

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
5+ Year Member
be ready to loose that turbo while your driving....

mike@synapse

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would highly suggest using the stock fuel pressure regulator. weve used them on tons of 500+whp setups with no issues. they are only necessary if you need to increase fuel pressure.

good luck with the kit and getting everything to bolt up.

mike@synapse

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea the ssac kit is just an expierment i already told him the manifold will either crack or the turbo will blow seals.....he said once that happens he'll just buy a new turbo or manifold......i wanna see how SSAC will hold up IMO i see everyone talking s**t on it....well we'll see how it really is......i think hes getting the same turbo as greens got....the 50/63?
it sure isnt the same just reading about them getting screwed, its much better experiencing it right?

majorahole

5+ Year Member
like i said, brace that s**t, and it should hold up. you or your buddy have a welder to go over those welds possibly?? that would help too

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
hes not going to boost on a basemap...hes gonna buy a chipped ecu then we'll let the dyno place install and tune it.....

d16_turbo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would weld that manifold again so it wont break. the wastegate flange should be the firdt part to go

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea i want to do that as well^^

but my muffler inlet is only 2.5" and i dont have money to buy another

NA96EK4

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
keeping a little bit of heat in the exhaust isn't a bad thing. it actually helps. with larger exhaust systems the air coming out of the turbo cools more quickly and then slows down, while it has a bigger diameter it doesn't flow any more than a smaller exhaust system that's keeping the air hot.

my suggestion: keep the 2.5" DP. if you feel like running 3" after that go ahead, but packaging that is going to be hard, and not worth much over a 2.5"
you got it a little backwards.. heat in the TURBO AND MANIFOLD is good... heat in the exhaust is bad. Ever hear of a turbo blanket? or see people wrap their manifold? This is because the hot air helps with spool, but once its past the exhaust wheel, you want it coool and easy flowing as possible.

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you got it a little backwards.. heat in the TURBO AND MANIFOLD is good... heat in the exhaust is bad. Ever hear of a turbo blanket? or see people wrap their manifold? This is because the hot air helps with spool, but once its past the exhaust wheel, you want it coool and easy flowing as possible.
NO, he's right. hot air = less mass.

mike@synapse

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NO, he's right. hot air = less mass.
not less mass, just requires less volume to move the same mass.

hot air moves faster! thats all it comes down to. you want to keep the heat in the exhaust all the way to the tip. an engine is a pump, the more air you can get in and out of an engine in a given period of time the more power you can make. if you have an appropriate sized exhaust system post turbo its not all too important to keep it hot, just as long as it has the volume to flow the exhaust even at the cooler temp.

the turbos need the velocity because its what pushes the turbine. its been a while since ive been to a physics class room but:

velocity(vector and speed) x mass = momentum

that momentum is in part transfered to the turbine upon contact.

with that said you can take the same amount of mass, and if its hotter it will spool the turbo faster, in turn pushing more mass into the motor. in some practical situations it might be pretty much unnoticable though