HatchbackMatt's 89 DX Build

HatchbackMatt

This hatch is a continuation of my last build, which got rear ended in a hit and run.

Day i bought her 100% Stock 1991 Hatch

And before she got hit.

So after an unsuccessful search for a shell to transfer all my stuff over to, a buddy of mine offered to sell me his 89 DX for a killer price that i couldn't pass up.

First pic i took of it

After transferring some of my stuff over heres what the parts list looks like:

Engine:
B20B JDM Block (Low comp)
GSR Head
ITR Cams
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
Intake (off brand i believe)
Headers (again, unsure on brand)
2 1/4" Straight Piping (planning to upsize)
RSR Muffler
Chipped ECU
VTEC @ 4500
Redline @ 8000
Launch Control @ 4000
HaSport B Series Mounts

Suspension:
Koni Yellow Sport Struts
Skunk2 Coilovers (8k front 6k rear)
Suspension Techniques Adjustable Rear Sway Bar

Wheels/Tires:
Kosei K1s
Yokohama Neova 205/50/15

Brakes:
Slotted Front Rotors
Hawk HP+ Pads

Exterior:
JDM Front End
JDM Tail Lights
JDM Rear Bumper
JDM Rear Bumper Filler
JDM Side Moldings

Interior:
Bride LowMax Replica Driver Seat
90-91 Si Passenger Seat
90-91 Si Backseat
Cargo Cover
DC4 Cluster
ITR Shift Boot
GSR Short Shifter
Buddy Club Shift Knob
Oil Pressure Gauge
NRG 1st Gen Woodgrain
NRG 2.5 Quick Release
NRG Short Hub
EDM LHD Optional Lower Console

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice, i have a soft spot for hatchbacks, thats the only model civic that i never owned :(

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
wow....I currently have one but something just keeps coming up and I end up not doing my first swap :/ but on a lighter note! sweet a** hatch. looks very clean I saw a one just like that but with smoked headlights...doesn't look bad?

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
4th gen ftmfw. Needs a console pocket so the USB cord doesn't have to just sit there on the floor. I f***ing love mine and they aren't very hard to find. Looks good, wish I had the JDM front end. :thumbs up

HatchbackMatt

Sorry for the wait, international shipping takes a while sometimes haha. EDM LHD optional lower console came today. =) Should have a few more things by the end of the week, and the rest by the 5th.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think they're supposed to be mounted a little higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HatchbackMatt

I think they're supposed to be mounted a little higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OEM JDM fenders, i didnt cut them. And not all model civics are the same spot, EK is different than EF. I did however mess up on the wiring, the diagram i went off of was labeled wrong and i didnt realize til i turned my headlights on and the side markers came on (USDM spec). But ill just leave them like that.

HatchbackMatt

There probably wont be many updates from here to about september. I work at a high school so i dont work in the summer. Gonna try to atleast get the JDM side moldings if i have a little bit of extra money (and a Js racing replica front lip if possible), that way i can get her in the paint booth soon. I compiled my parts list for the full motor build and im gonna start ordering everything when i go back to work. Shooting for about 220-240 whp all motor with 9k+ rpm capability. It is my everyday car so im gonna run as quiet of an exhaust as i can with an electric cut out to try to stay pretty lowkey.

Well, like i said, dont really know when the next update will be, but take care until then :flush: