Headlight Fluid ("Cool Story, Bro" Moment)

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My friend decided to play a trick on his girlfriend, and I joined in on it... still in progress and working perfectly.

My friend told his girlfriend, who is going on a trip this weekend (she owns a 2000 CRV, I think), that before she goes she should have her headlight fluid checked.

She asks why. My friend tells her because if not checked frequently, the headlight fluid can get into the engine and cause the engine to blow up.

Worried, she asks how to do it, and if my friend can do it. My friend tells her you need to remove the back seats to get to the reservoir, but we need to go to the local spring first.

Again, she asks why.

Told her because headlight fluid is comprised of part water and part cooking oil, and that spring water is the cleanest water to use.

I also warned her that it should be checked constantly especially before a long drive because bad headlight fluid is a common problem in Honda's, and I told her thats why my old motor had blow - due to headlight fluid seeping into the engine.

At this point, she wanted to call her dad to make sure it hasn't already been changed. The message I got from her via text was:

"josh (my friend, her bf) had me worried cuz im driving to burlington this weekend with my friend and he was like u need to change it or bad things will happen. so i was like ok i have no idea and called my dad to make sure"

Next msg:
"I just talked to my dad about it and he said he changed it like a year or two ago he cant remember exactly when but he said it should be fine"

... :shock: I love the way her dad thinks.. lol

Last msg:
"I know nothing about cars its a good thing i have my dad and josh to worry about that kinda stuff for me"

.... She has been buying absolutely everything... She honestly believes there is a reservoir in the back of the car under the seats comprised of half spring water and half cooking oil, that leads to teh HEADLIGHTS, and that it needs to be checked often because if not it can cause the motor to blow. :lol::x

I encourage everyone to try this with someone else though know.. post any results you get! lol

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lol a*****e

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
:bluelol: be ready to live on the street once she figures it all out :P

SwanStyle

In the Military, there's a procedure you have to follow whenever you drive a government vehicle that consists of a thorough walk around before you drive off. So we all got this girl to check out our panel van for us, and we told her to make sure there was an adequate amount of turn signal fluid. We all got into the van, except for her, who spent a good ten minutes trying to find a turn signal fluid reservoir. We were all dying in the back of the van from laughing at the whole situation. Finally an NCO came out and asked her what she was doing. She told him what she was doing and he stared at her with a blank expression for a bit before he told her to "close the hood, and get in the f**king van". Priceless.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
In the Military, there's a procedure you have to follow whenever you drive a government vehicle that consists of a thorough walk around before you drive off. So we all got this girl to check out our panel van for us, and we told her to make sure there was an adequate amount of turn signal fluid. We all got into the van, except for her, who spent a good ten minutes trying to find a turn signal fluid reservoir. We were all dying in the back of the van from laughing at the whole situation. Finally an NCO came out and asked her what she was doing. She told him what she was doing and he stared at her with a blank expression for a bit before he told her to "close the hood, and get in the f**king van". Priceless.
hehehe yes!

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you made her sign the AFTO right?

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a friend did that to his sister. she went to autozone and asked for headlight fluid and they just laughed.

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
in a world that runs on google...hard to believe she fell for it :lol:

hilarious

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
So Im a little confused.......there ISNT such a thing as headlight fluid????

:lol: okay so anyway, when her dad said he changed it, was he just going along with the joke or is he that ignorant too?

JdmPrncss

I ♥ NYGraFFit :)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

:lol: okay so anyway, when her dad said he changed it, was he just going along with the joke or is he that ignorant too?
Please tell me your joking...

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Her dad is a jokester and catches on easy. I'm assuming since she called and said "josh said blah blah"... he instantly caught on and went with it. WIN.