Headunit code

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys, I was doing some maintenance on my civic this weekend as it just clicked past 100K, so as a precaution when changing my fuel filter I unhooked my negative battery cable...it slipped my mind that this would set off the anti-theft mode on my stock headunit. I need the 5 digit code to unlock it, and I can't find the number on any stickers anywhere...door jams, glove box, fuse boxes, underhood, anything. And I'd really rather not spend the 100 bucks or so at the dealership to get a new one. Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking maybe taking the radio out and seeing if theres anything on the back of the headunit. Do any of the CC members that work for Honda think they could help me out? Listening to music while I drive is really important to me, I'd really appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance :cool:

plumers

i am a nice guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
check somewhere around your manual book, it should be there.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I looked for the little card or whatever where the manual is but couldn't find it. I'll look harder tomorrow I guess...

plumers

i am a nice guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bring it to dealer, they're supposed to provide you with the code for free no matter what. it just doesnt really make any sense if they charge you fee for it.

last time i just called my dealer and they provide it to me for free, just bring proof of ownership, registration, license, blah blah

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Really? That would be nice...I googled it to see what other people have had this problem and what they did and I got a bunch of people saying they had to go to the dealer and pay 80-100 bucks to get the code...I'll call the dealership tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks!

plumers

i am a nice guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Really? That would be nice...I googled it to see what other people have had this problem and what they did and I got a bunch of people saying they had to go to the dealer and pay 80-100 bucks to get the code...I'll call the dealership tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks!
if one says no, call up another dealer.

i think one of the mods here, sk8shorty017, he work as honda parts manager or something like that. might as well hit him up.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

i think one of the mods here, sk8shorty017, he work as honda parts manager or something like that. might as well hit him up.
Yeah I was kind of hoping someone that works for honda would see this...but I'll call the dealer tomorrow. They werent open today when I called.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
pm evan (sk8shorty017). he is incredibly helpful, can probably get your radio code for you too.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^

yeah, he's real chill. Good d00d. :thumbup:

civic402Lx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
look in ur glove compartment..sometime they are on the sticker in there..that's where i found out what my tires size and psi are..no they are not on the door...i've looked..

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So sticker in the glove compartment, my sticker with the tire pressures and stuff is on the drivers side door jam, and theres no headunit info there. It isn't in the trunk either. Every time I find a sticker with numbers on it I get all excited but then non of them are just numbers 1-6. Honda was gonna charge me 50 bucks for it, but they'll give me the number for free if I take the radio out and just bring them the serial number with proof of ownership. So unless you guys have any other ideas I think I'm just gonna do that.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah I think they are in different places on different cars...Oh well taking the radio out is easy it's just kind of annoying.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I have to take the radio out anyways (or pay someone else to) to get the serial number, once I have the serial the local dealership will give me the code for free so it's no big deal.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

pm evan (sk8shorty017). he is incredibly helpful, can probably get your radio code for you too.
^^

yeah, he's real chill. Good d00d. :thumbup:

damn, I guess I'm fairly well known in this part of town... :thumbup:

Glad to know that im "real chill" though.. :lol:

Pm'ed you bro about the code.