Help

spooned209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i pulled my ecu fuse out for 5 min then put it back in and restarted my car and now its shooting smoke out exhaust is this normal my local police told me im not allowed to drive the car so i had to get it towed to house any help is greatly appreciated

spooned209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh and it doesnt smell like head issues it just smells like fuel

spooned209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok thats what i thought now im confused and have no clue wats going on

vtac_ej6

I would try tp reset the ecu again to be honest. If you got in it tp soon and didnt let it re learn your idle and what not something may be a little off.

1: Ensure the car is at opperating tempreature (i.e., take it for a drive or let it idle for a 15 mintues).step

2: Take the fuse for the ecu out

3: Put the fuse back in.step

4: turn the car on. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING. GIVE IT NO GAS. let the car idle for roughly 15 minutes, or until the car is idling smooth at lower rpm's

5: Turn the ignition off. ONCE AGAIN, DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE KEY. Immediately turn the ignition back on after you have gone to full off. this will store the new settings your ecu has made.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

RonJ

Banned
What kind of 92 Civic? Is it completely stock? Any mods? Which ECU fuse? Any CEL codes?

spooned209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Has cel from vtec selonoid i tried to reset to remove it since i wired up the vtec but its still on have headers and kragen intake cone filter and it has d15b in it

spooned209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I pulled the 15a under hood that says ecu im on my iphone while watchn car cant upload pic from here

RonJ

Banned
I pulled the 15a under hood that says ecu im on my iphone while watchn car cant upload pic from here
The 15A hood ECU fuse is not removed to reset the ECU. To reset the ECU, remove the 7.5A hood Back Up fuse for 3 minutes or more.

Is the smoke white, blue, or black?

RonJ

Banned
Removing the ECU fuse and the smoking are likely unrelated. You may have blown the head gasket.

spooned209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Great one more thing i needed to have happen but how come all of a sudden when i pulled fuse it started smokin