Here's my whip again....

DuuMaCuaMay

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for the compliments....yeah it is chopped but i'm planning to go that low, maybe alittle higher....

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
DuuMaCuaMay said:
thanks for the compliments....yeah it is chopped but i'm planning to go that low, maybe alittle higher....
YOUUUUUUUUUUU JERK lol nah its still tight man...it's still one of my top favorites. definitely top 5

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HondaSpeedaX said:
YOUUUUUUUUUUU JERK lol nah its still tight man...it's still one of my top favorites. definitely top 5
Why, because he made it look exactly like a stock car?

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Eran said:
Why, because he made it look exactly like a stock car?
dude.. get off the high horse
he replicated a rare, kick ass, highly sought after car..
When all these guys replicate yenko camaro's, i dont see anybody saying "yeah, but its stock"
Wouldnt you agree??

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all go no show said:
dude.. get off the high horse
he replicated a rare, kick ass, highly sought after car..
When all these guys replicate yenko camaro's, i dont see anybody saying "yeah, but its stock"
Wouldnt you agree??
I'm not saying I don't appreciate the work. It looks good, I'll give it that.

BUT

The front end fits poorly, I don't even know if this thing has a CTR wheel, climate control, cluster , if it has a B16B, if it has a black dash and doors, if it has recaros, if it has a RHD conversion. For all I know, the exterior alone could be the only modified part of this car.

Also, I cannot see why people think that making a replica of a stock car is somehow the most godly thing to do to a hatch. It's stock. It shows no creativity, no individuality, no style. YOU COPPIED A PARTS LIST.

Yenko guys are replicating a far more rare car than a CTR. They also have NO aftermarket to work with other than paint and motor modifications. It's not exactly the same thing. Type R's are not the end-all-be-all of Honda existance. You want to do a cool, rare conversion? Convert a 1st gen Civic into a Honda City Turbo. That's unique. CTR clones are a dime a dozen.

DuuMaCuaMay

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Eran said:

BUT

The front end fits poorly, I don't even know if this thing has a CTR wheel, climate control, cluster , if it has a B16B, if it has a black dash and doors, if it has recaros, if it has a RHD conversion. For all I know, the exterior alone could be the only modified part of this car.

Also, I cannot see why people think that making a replica of a stock car is somehow the most godly thing to do to a hatch. It's stock. It shows no creativity, no individuality, no style. YOU COPPIED A PARTS LIST.

Yenko guys are replicating a far more rare car than a CTR. They also have NO aftermarket to work with other than paint and motor modifications. It's not exactly the same thing. Type R's are not the end-all-be-all of Honda existance. You want to do a cool, rare conversion? Convert a 1st gen Civic into a Honda City Turbo. That's unique. CTR clones are a dime a dozen.
i do respect your opinion but i wasn't really looking into a ctr replica, i just like the way it looks...the front end, the front driver side fender was hit by a grocery cart, its not a matter of bad fitment.....the red recaros and red trimming is just too tacky for me. the s2k is way more comfortable then the recaro srds. besides, in the end it's just a civic right? besides, b16b in my opinion is weak, the motor i have in it now satisfy me enough, why go out and spend 3500-4000 on a b16b when i can get a b18c that is cheaper and has a decent amount of power? anyways thanks for the comments everyone...

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Eran said:

BUT

very true.. i will give you that. But I think it deserves credit nonetheless... i try and keep in mind the fact that maybe a person isnt even trying to show creativity or uniqueness.. Maybe they couldnt give 2 shits about wowing the forums.. Take this example: I love the ITR, if i ever owned one, i probably wouldnt do anything to it, maybe a suspension, but for the most part, i would leave it how its maker intended.. Now hypothetically, what if i couldnt purchase that ITR here in the states, but i did my best to recreate it (not to be unique mind you, but only because i love it as is).. I think that would still be awesome.. Maybe not everyones cup of tea, but cool anyway..

Oh for the record, that city turbo idea is an awesome one.. i dont know if you just thought of that, but s**t, i would love to see that be done..

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's a how-to out there somewhere on how to do the city turbo conversion.

Oh, and for the record, not hating on the car. It just boggles me when people's favorite hatch in the world .... is stock :lol:

And as for the ITR .... suspension would be something I'd never touch. It's suspension is SO tuned, it's not even funny. Up until the newest Lotus Elise, it was the best handling FF car in the world.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DuuMaCuaMay said:
i do respect your opinion but i wasn't really looking into a ctr replica, i just like the way it looks...the front end, the front driver side fender was hit by a grocery cart, its not a matter of bad fitment.....the red recaros and red trimming is just too tacky for me. the s2k is way more comfortable then the recaro srds. besides, in the end it's just a civic right? besides, b16b in my opinion is weak, the motor i have in it now satisfy me enough, why go out and spend 3500-4000 on a b16b when i can get a b18c that is cheaper and has a decent amount of power? anyways thanks for the comments everyone...
Glad to hear you have some spine and know what you want. Most tards out there will just copy a CTR part for part and be like "look what I did."

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all go no show said:
last time i checked, the elise is FR
f**k, then what am I thinking of. I know the ITR got upset as the best handling FF in recent years ....

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this may be odd, but i think it was a close run in with the mazdaspeed protege!!

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all go no show said:
this may be odd, but i think it was a close run in with the mazdaspeed protege!!
That thing handles really well, but it's motor is sad beans. It's f**kin ugly too..... :laugh:

We should probably quit jackin the thread tho :O

[/threadjack]

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i completely understand what you're sayin but the reason i like it is because its clean, low and clearly shows dedication...i know one arguement a lot of people have against honda is "EVERYONE has a honda" yea a white honda hatchback may not be like finding a Yenko Camaro or a Cougar XR7-G, but finding one as nice as his is a rarity

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HondaSpeedaX said:
i completely understand what you're sayin but the reason i like it is because its clean, low and clearly shows dedication...i know one arguement a lot of people have against honda is "EVERYONE has a honda" yea a white honda hatchback may not be like finding a Yenko Camaro or a Cougar XR7-G, but finding one as nice as his is a rarity
It's so low .... it's photoshoped. :lol: