OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Cheap. :lol:

Actually, I just want something I won't worry so much about. I'm sort of worried if it's too new that I'll still worry.

Some of the cars I've thought of are:
'90-'94 Mitsubishi Eclipse/Eagle Talon/Plymouth Laser
'90-'93 Acura Integra
'86-'89 / '90-93 / '94-'99 Toyota Celica
'93-'01 Subaru Impreza
'90-'93 Honda Accord
'83-'87 / '88-'91 / '92-'96 Honda Prelude
'91-'96 / '99-'02 Infiniti G20
'94-'99 Mazda Protege
'87-'92 / '91-'96 Mitsubishi Mirage
'95-'98 Nissan 200SX
'91-'94 / '95-'99 Nissan Sentra

Those are just some ideas. I haven't looked into the reliability of any of these cars. I know I should probably steer clear of Honda because of theft, but I'm thinking some older models might not have the same allure of other newer models.

I just listed them as generations too. I haven't looked into options or engines or anything.

I really love GC Imprezas, but they're pretty expensive around here.

I just want a decent car as a daily.

Sorry for the jack! :P

Does this site seriously not have a "scurred' smilie?
i've seen a good number of GCs going for under 6 grand in my area, mostly 2.5RSs and impreza L's... if you want me to look for some GCs let me know. i'm sure the awd would be lovely up there in the pacific NW... i'm LOVING it this winter. there's a blizzard coming in right now and i'm actually looking forward to driving tomorrow!

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, I did just pay my car off. Now I'm looking for a beater. I wonder what I should get. I don't want to be scared to let it get dirty and I don't want it to have a high theft rate. It has to be something I won't hate driving either though.
get a pickup truck ... the cops dont pull you over for s**t like no front plate or tint in em :lol:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ugh. I had to drive my car everywhere in the snow. And Jason's is too low to handle it, so he had to use my car too.

I've seen some decently cheap GCs around here with light damage. I'm okay with fixing some damage as long as it's not a mess of frame damage. I don't want a project.

There's a nice one that's supposed to be selling soon too.
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?p=36981986

Not really looking to spend as much as that will sell for, but might as well post it since I read about it the other day.
get a pickup truck ... the cops dont pull you over for s**t like no front plate or tint in em :lol:
I don't get pulled over anyway. :P The last time I got a ticket was a year, a year and a half ago, for five over the limit. I hadn't been pulled over for over three years before that.

I don't have a front plate on my car and there never has been one on it. =)

Jason could really use a pickup. He used to have one years back, but sold it,oddly enough, to a parts store down the road. We see it all the time now.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
amelia, check out the classifieds at www.rs25.com as well as www.nasioc.com to help your search.

a truck would be good for hauling parts, though...

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well if you guys could use one then why not ... having just bought my mazda b2500 (same as ford ranger) not too long ago im loving it and dont know how i survived without one for so long ... i seem to haul stuff at least once a month or so and its great when i go camping to be able to bring more beer coolers lol .... just start checking your areas craigslist. If you go for a ranger though, avoid the 2.5 4cyl (i have this engine) they get 24 mpg tops highway driving normal, while the 97 and older 2.3 will get 26ish, and the 02 and newer 2.3 will pull 28 to 30.

And i know being honda people yall will probably look at tacomas first, but then youll realise how overpriced they are haha, for me it came down to a single cab taco with 200k or my truck with 91k and an xcab.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i'd be looking for a mighty max pick up truck, those things are so f**king reliable and cheap.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'd be looking for a mighty max pick up truck, those things are so f**king reliable and cheap.
those are so hard to find not beat up and with working a/c ... believe me i looked for those and 93 and earlier mazda b series trucks ... but couldnt find any decent ones

funniest is a saw a REALLY nice 92 b2200 on craigslist a few weeks ago, i was so tempted to grab it and sell my 99

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I honestly don't move parts around that often. When I do, it can fit in my coupe.

Jason has talked about wanting a truck. I don't want one. I don't even like column shifters or the long manual floor shifters so popular in trucks.

Jason used to have a '95 Sonoma. He says if he were to get another he'd get the 4.3 instead of the 2.2 that his had.

While I initially didn't mine Mazda B-series trucks, I don't want one. I sell parts for those all the time. I suppose it can mean one of two things. One, they're unreliable or two, they're reliable and are only beginning to break down because they've been on the road so long.

I personally do not want a truck though. I want a car. I want something similar to what I listed.
One of my former coworkers has a Ram 50. It would be a nice little truck if he fixed it up. Thing is, he usually drives his old Explorer instead.

The Ram needs quite a bit done to it though. Apparently the clutch is going out, plus the heat is broken and it needs a brake job. Not to mention the broken taillight and missing rear bumper.

If you're looking for one, remember to look up the Ram 50 and Plymouth Arrow.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jason has talked about wanting a truck. I don't want one. I don't even like column shifters or the long manual floor shifters so popular in trucks.
the floor shifters arent that bad lol

Jason used to have a '95 Sonoma. He says if he were to get another he'd get the 4.3 instead of the 2.2 that his had.
jason is a wise man those 2.2s like to blow headgaskets and are pretty weak, i also thought of going the s10/sonoma route when i was lookin for my truck but didnt want the gas miles of the 4.3 ... plus the 4.3s are really hard to find with a stick shift.

While I initially didn't mine Mazda B-series trucks, I don't want one. I sell parts for those all the time. I suppose it can mean one of two things. One, they're unreliable or two, they're reliable and are only beginning to break down because they've been on the road so long.
mostly how long they have been around, they are very underrated and run forever everyone i know with one loves it ... i hear the 2.6 they had for a few years were trouble though

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the floor shifters arent that bad lol

jason is a wise man those 2.2s like to blow headgaskets and are pretty weak, i also thought of going the s10/sonoma route when i was lookin for my truck but didnt want the gas miles of the 4.3 ... plus the 4.3s are really hard to find with a stick shift.

mostly how long they have been around, they are very underrated and run forever everyone i know with one loves it ... i hear the 2.6 they had for a few years were trouble though
Those Mazdas we sell radiator hoses for all the time.

Full size Fords I always sell u joints.

Chevrolets: ignition control modules and starters.

Those are the items which stand out at least.

Oh, and Intrepids run on brake pads of course. lol That one always stands out to me because I used to sell them back east ALL the damn time. Now I rarely sell Intrepid parts at all.

Chrysler minivans are all lemons (used to work for Chrysler). Valve guides drop.

I used to have this same crowd back east come in for axles for their fifth gen Civics. Only them though.

Jason says if he were looking for a truck he'd look for something older than his old Sonoma. Still wants a Chevy though. Early '90s.

I still want a car though. Never been a fan of trucks. Had to drive a lot with different jobs.

PANGES

Tree > Skyline 240sx :(
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks. So are you an insurance agent? If so who do you work for? I was with Liberty National for about 4 months. Scam scam scam haha
lol. I work for Farmers Insurance. Yeah, some places are a bit shady, some are pretty legit. I've seen quite a few shady Farmers agents in my time here as well. I don't cheat people, because word of mouth will hurt you more financially in the long run and isn't worth the few bucks extra you can make now.

Hey, I did just pay my car off. Now I'm looking for a beater. I wonder what I should get. I don't want to be scared to let it get dirty and I don't want it to have a high theft rate. It has to be something I won't hate driving either though.
oooo. Man. I almost bought a GC (2.5RS) a couple months back, but decided not to run my bank account dry just for a 2nd car.

:headbang:

This is why i can afford to spend money on my toys.

Cheap ass rent, insurance, phone, food and alcohol are like 95% of my monthly spending. The rest either gets invested, saved, or put into the cars (actually about 95% of my extra cash ends up in the mustang or at least budgeted for it at this point :mrgreen:)

Mortgage payments and/or girlfriend would definitely cut into my car budget :laugh:
haha. Girlfriend definately kills a good chunk of the car budget. Who knew when we chose them that they would need to eat and do stuff?!?!? Too bad they never settle for just a $5 footlong. lol.

i live in east bay, we need to meet up i wanna take some pics of the evo
!
Yeah. I'm in eastbay all the time. That would be cool to get some pics!

sup man i remember you we met briefly back in 05 at the mt diablo meet when you still had the 240 and everyone seemed to have a pic of your car with the trunk open

<< had the integra that we put daneils si wheels onto
lol. Yeah. I remember you. That was either the day you got that integra or very shortly after. I'll never forget that meet. lol. I remember we all smashed to the top of Mt. Diablo, and once we got there... "hey.. who was supposed to bring the grill?" LOL. We had some cold hot dogs and then went down to Fuddruckers for lunch. I don't think I've been to a better meet since. lol.

Why everyone took pics of my trunk open when I only had it open for like 5 min? I dont know. :lol:

Sup d00d...nice ride :thumbup:
thanks! What car are you driving now? I always liked your yellow ek. :D

PANGES

Tree &gt; Skyline 240sx :(
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ Nice!!! How much did you sell the bumblebee for??

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I ended up parting it out. Sold the shell for a crackhead price of $2500