I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
... but not the way you think.

HT member was driving their brand new truck with wife and son in the car. They're going through an intersection when some dumb b**** being chased by police SLAMS into them. You can then see said dumb b**** get out and book it.

[YOUTUBE="Involved In Car Chase"]YTBijCDCR3A[/YOUTUBE]

Link to HT thread http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3214612

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Crazy s**t. I don't think she was driving. She looks to have climbed over the driver who's just kind floppin around there :lol:

I want one of those cameras!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Crazy stuff. Glad they were alright.

This is exactly the kind of stuff that makes me scared to get a motorcycle. That would have been game over on a bike.

Can't stand people that run from the police.

RonJ

Banned
The posted police report suggests that crazy lady was the driver of the stolen vehicle.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The posted police report suggests that crazy lady was the driver of the stolen vehicle.
Yeah, from reading the HT thread it sounds like she was driving, and she had to actually get around the passenger who wasn't wearing his seatbelt and flopped into her way.

Looks like she was charged with stolen vehicle, burglary, grand theft, hit and run, all that jazz.

I'm glad everyone is safe though, that could have been MUCH much worse.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow thats insane.. can't imagine the probability of getting hit in a chase... let alone the probability of getting hit in a chase in a car that is only 4 days old. Very lucky he was in something more sturdy than a civic. I'm glad he and his family are ok.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol funny thing is, he entered an intersection without caution, wouldnt be shocked if the report says he is partially to blame for the crash

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
He clearly has a green light....

not to mention the lowlife came into oncoming traffic (see it hit the curb going over the median)

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not about having or not having a green light, its about how he entered the intersection... do you BOMB through an major intersection? he did not even react, which means his situational awareness is low. just sayin head on a swivel

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
According to the dash cam he was going 35. I most certainly have gone through many intersections at that speed. I don't really expect a car involved in a car chase to come out of nowhere, either.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
its not about having or not having a green light, its about how he entered the intersection... do you BOMB through an major intersection? he did not even react, which means his situational awareness is low. just sayin head on a swivel
I go through intersections at the speed limit.

Situational awareness? He is suppose to know there is a high speed pursuit going on around a blind corner?

As for the bold, THATS IS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS ABOUT

You have the right of way, besides not changing lanes within the intersection and following the posted speed limit, you do not have to worry about anything else besides dinosaurs and meteors.

If someone blows the red light (like the video clearly shows) it is the person who violated the rules of the road's responsibility, no one elses.

f***ing ridiculous

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You have the right of way, besides not changing lanes within the intersection and following the posted speed limit, you do not have to worry about anything else besides dinosaurs and meteors.
And emergency vehicles. But even then, emergency vehicles don't fly through intersections like that blonde bimbo did anyways.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
And emergency vehicles. But even then, emergency vehicles don't fly through intersections like that blonde bimbo did anyways.
EXACTLY, if they are going to run a red they do it the proper way, they are trained to look both ways and verify their safety and those around them first.

Oh and unless you are hearing impaired (completely) you can hear them miles away.