How do you make a 1997 4dr Civic LX fast ?

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was wondering how would I make a 97 LX 4dr go really fast and it still be a daily driver. I already have an APC Short Ram Intake and a no name Cat Exhaust system. Also some rims LOL (like that gives me horsepower lol.) Also it's an auto :oops:

EH2 GSR 7232

Dee Dee Dee
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your only chance would be NO2 unless you wanna spend a ton and do a motor swap

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is there anyway to boost up the engine I have. Like new headers and a High Flow Cat converter.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your motor sucks and your tranny sucks. convert to 5spd and do a motor swap, thats your only chance at having anything reliable and fast.

Grafix Ink.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fast = not civic... so either way ur screwed...
faster = motorswap/trannyswap...

or trade it in to save u some labour costs

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So which motor should I convert over too. Also can't trade it in it's my baby just a couple of days ago we almost beat my friends sunfire but we had to stop and now my friend is scared to race me again.

EH2 GSR 7232

Dee Dee Dee
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Kumo said:
Is there anyway to boost up the engine I have. Like new headers and a High Flow Cat converter.
even if you do intake headers and exhaust it will still be slow... they make very little diffrence.

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LOL ! That was mean as hell......But funny.

Grafix Ink.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kumo said:
So which motor should I convert over too. Also can't trade it in it's my baby just a couple of days ago we almost beat my friends sunfire but we had to stop and now my friend is scared to race me again.
are u 25... or 15...

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Really Fast?:???:

Define really fast.:lol:

If you think that a 2.5l V6 Dodge Avenger or Probe GT V6 automatic is "really fast" then a Jackson Racing Supercharger, header, and exhaust will make your poor D16Y7 "really fast".

That's up in the neighborhood of about $2500. It's more than N2O but it's on all the time and it's still cheaper than most engine and tranny swaps.

You're car wil start to respond at about 17-1800 rpm and you'll get a kewl s/c whine. The JRSC works pretty good with automatics. It digs outta' the rpm basement and has a nice linear powerband.

Another option is turbo, but my boosted slushbox lags until about 3k rpm. It jumps from 4k to 6k in a split second, I mean literally 1000......................2000................3000....40006000!!!! f**k 5000. So I'm a little slow off idle. That's cool with me. Nothing funnier than the guy that holes my fatass wagon just to have it jam past him in second with the traction control off and 17's screaming. :twisted:

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cool because I was just going to ask about a turbo or supercharger. Also I just want it faster than what it is now and BBproductions why did you question my age.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
put concrete in the trunk of the other car then you might have a chance.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sell it that will take care of it going fast. Fast out of your hands so you can go buy something fast.:lol:

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so does anybody have an answer to the question which engine I should swap too ?

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the answer is the goddamn search button

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
omg... it's an Auto and an lx... and he wants fast, quit sniffing the glue and go get a subaru.. (lol.. who remembers that..)

ryanM

you said "LOL, like that gives any horsepower" referring to your rims, the funny thing is, is that applies to your intake and exhaust also....

swap or turbo or buy a new car