How do you make a 1997 4dr Civic LX fast ?

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
qwikxr said:
Easy, killer...
well the reality of it is that i could SEARCH and find 86 threads in the last few months with people posting "what motor should i swap" or is X motor better than X motor......;)

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Forced induction is your only choice besides a swap.

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok well I guess I will look up some turbos and some superchargers. Sorry about asking what engine I should use I guess that gets asked a lot. Well thanx for the real help from some.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you dont understand, auto trannies take a s**t after a little power adder.

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Meaning I lose power that I would other wise have if it was a manual transmission ?

xNOBOOSTx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would just say if your going to boost convert to manual. you will be glad you did in the long run. plus it will be easier to upgrade the clutch once you start making power.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your lx is already fast..

i know mine is....

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So about how much would it cost to convert my auto to a manual and if so has anybody done this before with an lx.

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im surprised people are still responding. Dude, in all seriousness... all these questions have been answered at least once every day since this forum has been open. Give these guys a break and do your research before you post. Its ok, your new, youll get the hang of it.

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok sorry to bother you guys. Because I am sure you have been asked these questions alot I am done. Thanx again though.

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kumo said:
Ok sorry to bother you guys. Because I am sure you have been asked these questions alot I am done. Thanx again though.
its totally cool man, just try and search, and your probably gonna find everything you want to know, after that, if you are still curious, come on and post. But as you can understand, the same people end up answering the same questions again and again, and that can get old.

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I am doing that now and finding all of my answers. Again sorry for wasting a thread, just posting without research is kinda lazy. I have no hard feelings it's cool.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i paid 650 for my auto to manual swap.. i had all the parts and i did about 30 percent of the work though

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah I figured it would be about as much as getting a new tranny. I just need to find a decent tune shop around maryland.

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Seriously, Modifying your car that much is a huge headache and a waste of money. When you could sell your car, and buy another civic with manual and a better engine for the same price.

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
postal21 said:
Seriously, Modifying your car that much is a huge headache and a waste of money. When you could sell your car, and buy another civic with manual and a better engine for the same price.
manual swap in a 96-00 civic isnt that hard.

EG-Owns you

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
BBProductions said:
fast = not civic... so either way ur screwed...
faster = motorswap/trannyswap...

or trade it in to save u some labour costs

um pretty sure civics are fast really f**king fast

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Kumo said:
Meaning I lose power that I would other wise have if it was a manual transmission ?
NO, not lose power, unless the tranny going bye bye is what you mean.
Kumo said:
So about how much would it cost to convert my auto to a manual and if so has anybody done this before with an lx.
BlackHope has done an auto to manual swap. Look up his threads.

As for engines.... Look into B-series for ease of swap. H-series can go in too, but take a bit more work and work = cash.

So think:
D16Y8 ('96-'00 EX - Still a D-series, shoudl be relatively cheap, and they come with manual trannys)
B16A2 ('99-'00 Si - Often overpriced for what it is)
B18B (LS - You'll want a different tranny in a bit though)
B18C1 (GSR - a bit too expensive to me and probably to you too)
B18C5 (TypeR - - a bit too expensive to me and probably to you too)
B20B or B20Z (CRV - Needs another tranny though since many CRV trannies are 4WD and auto, I've never heard of a manual CRV tranny in a Civic either)