How much does a paint job cost (average)

LaPlaca92

Okay, I want to paint my LX sedan, but first, i'd like to know how much it will cost to do so. I have a few dings on the body and a dent on the rear plate above the bumper, what are the different costs between metallic, pearl, and just standard paint.... I know it really varies in cost but I just want to know from your experience how much on average I would be paying (I am planning on changing the color of the car not just re spray it).

Thanks. =)

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay, I want to paint my LX sedan, but first, i'd like to know how much it will cost to do so. I have a few dings on the body and a dent on the rear plate above the bumper, what are the different costs between metallic, pearl, and just standard paint.... I know it really varies in cost but I just want to know from your experience how much on average I would be paying (I am planning on changing the color of the car not just re spray it).

Thanks. =)
Pick a color. Then go around and get estimates. every painter is going to be different and remember you get what you pay for. Is it a full color change or just the exterior panels?

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Depends on what you're willing to pay. Maaco does great paint jobs if you're willing to pay the price(Not the 600 dollar specials they do.). If you have a skill that could be useful for a painter, you could barter with them.

I had my Mustang painted in exchange for a computer. Computer cost me ~650. Looking around, it was going to cost ~2500 to get it painted.

DaOne

Yeah it pretty much depends where you go..
Ask friends around and see if they know any good places that does good work.

LaPlaca92

I don't mind just getting the exterior painted, I really don't need the bay, inner door frames etc painted, its not gonna be a show car or anything, I just want the car to look decent and. The frame of the grille and the lip need to be matched to, so those parts are the only other parts in need of paint. I'm gonna check out Maaco and some other places and check it out.

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my paintjob was 2500 but i was working at the dealership i got it painted at so only had to pay for materials which ended up being right at 600. paint is not cheap man. you get what you pay for. i used sikkens paint.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your looking at 500 for macco

to about 4-5 grand for a GOOOOOOD paint job with a standard color..

Get into custom color and it could be up wards of 10g... Now that is a CUSTOM paint job...

Average paint job full car with jams and bay is about 2500-3000.

Man it can be alllll over the place!

HatchyLULU

I'm Punjabi
So glad i have a paintbooth and able to mix paint. :D
My stepdad charges 2000 for a good paint job, none of that orange peel s**t.

emerican

Registered VIP
It all depends on what you want, who you know, what you have to barter if they are willing if you find the right people you would be surprised what you can barter I barter fixing my tatoo artists car for discounted ink so you would be surprised once you check around and decide let us know how much it ended up being

JCCLARK

The Painter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just finished a Corvette for a friend.
Materials was $600 useing non-brand paint.
Took me 225 hours to change color and do it right.
I would normally charge $6000 for a job like that
and I was told that I was way to cheap.
But that was a straight show car paint job.