I want to convert to rear disc brakes...

LeWane

5+ Year Member
my friend just totaled his 1995 Civic EX, I have a 1992 Hatch CX, can I take his front brakes and put them on my rear drums? Thanks!=)

LeWane

5+ Year Member
how hard is it? I mean will it take a lot of time, or do you think its easy?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, seeing that you asked if front brakes will fit on the rear, itll probably take a while.

PEPE LE PU

mods yea i got some
5+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
go to the junkyard and find a 94-01 integra or 92-95 civic Si and get the rear discs off of it.
are the fronts on a integra bigger or better than stock vx fronts ?? so i could get the entire brake system to work ??

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im running GS-R brakes (fr/rr) on my '96 CX hatch..
All you really need is the assemblies mentioned above.. Use your VX master cylinder.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
well, seeing that you asked if front brakes will fit on the rear, itll probably take a while.
:rolf: :haha:

PEPE LE PU

mods yea i got some
5+ Year Member
qwikxr said:
Im running GS-R brakes (fr/rr) on my '96 CX hatch..
All you really need is the assemblies mentioned above.. Use your VX master cylinder.
thanks any pics ??

JDM B20 EG6

5+ Year Member
the only differance in the teg front brakes and the civic front brakes are the calipers. the teg calipers are a lil bigger. as far as changein the rears out na not too hard. unbolt the 4 bolts from the back of the hub assy and bolt the hub assy to your trailing arms. make shure you use the disk brake e-brake cables.

PEPE LE PU

mods yea i got some
5+ Year Member
JDM B20 EG6 said:
the only differance in the teg front brakes and the civic front brakes are the calipers. the teg calipers are a lil bigger. as far as changein the rears out na not too hard. unbolt the 4 bolts from the back of the hub assy and bolt the hub assy to your trailing arms. make shure you use the disk brake e-brake cables.
are the acura front rotors bigger as well ???

JL

Doodoo Brown Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JDM B20 EG6 said:

Not true. Teg rotors and calipers are both larger than non EX/Si fronts. The complete front assembly is needed. You can't bolt Teg calipers and rotors to DX/CX/VX chassis because they will not match the mounting holes. On the EX/Si you may be able to but I know that any other chassis will not work.

PEPE LE PU

mods yea i got some
5+ Year Member
B16EJ1 said:
Not true. Teg rotors and calipers are both larger than non EX/Si fronts. The complete front assembly is needed. You can't bolt Teg calipers and rotors to DX/CX/VX chassis because they will not match the mounting holes. On the EX/Si you may be able to but I know that any other chassis will not work.
can you tell me what all is included in the front assembly ?? thanks