Installing rear speakers on coupe.

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SweetEBPSi said:
I'm sorry to say this but in your two posts about tricks you have done, you have called the tricks ghetto. Circuit City must really suck. Not saying that CC is the only place that does it, but I would definately never go there now after you telling that. There must be a lot of people that don't inspect work done when they get the car back. I'm one of those people that want it done right the first time.
Trust me.... even I dont agree with some of the s**t they do which is why I branched off and started my own business.... I couldnt stand they way they worked. CC doesnt even disconnect the battery before doing any work to the cars which we all know is a BIIIIIIIG no no.... I mainly left cause they used to yell at me for doing s**t the RIGHT way.... Who cares if you use an extra 5 foot of wire... or if you need a few more zip ties.... its done right and will never need to be fixed.... And as for them claiming to be MECP certified.... thats BS too...

SweetEBPSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DaGFTDOne said:
Trust me.... even I dont agree with some of the s**t they do which is why I branched off and started my own business.... I couldnt stand they way they worked. CC doesnt even disconnect the battery before doing any work to the cars which we all know is a BIIIIIIIG no no.... I mainly left cause they used to yell at me for doing s**t the RIGHT way.... Who cares if you use an extra 5 foot of wire... or if you need a few more zip ties.... its done right and will never need to be fixed.... And as for them claiming to be MECP certified.... thats BS too...
Cool. Thats nice to hear. Glad there are people out there like you. Hope your business goes well.

kaace

I'm getting there...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
K2_civic said:
Please do not cut the grills, that is GHETTO

FYI, while you have it all out, might as well clean it all and wipe down the windows
:word:

take out the seats...it also gives you a chance to really get every thing nice and clean...i pulled out every piece of plastic in my car last weekend...cleaned everything...looks so much better...take the time and do it right...its your car... ;)

NellyNel

5+ Year Member
Umm, I did this back in 99, but I didn't remove any panels. It was just as simple as opening the trunk, unscrewing the stocks from underneath and screwing in the new ones. Plug-n-play.
I wish they made newer models as easy as it was to change these speakers. Now you have to take ur damn car apart to upgrade your system.

SweetEBPSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NellyNel said:
Umm, I did this back in 99, but I didn't remove any panels. It was just as simple as opening the trunk, unscrewing the stocks from underneath and screwing in the new ones. Plug-n-play.
I wish they made newer models as easy as it was to change these speakers. Now you have to take ur damn car apart to upgrade your system.
Umm...if all you did was unscrew the speakers from underneath, then they weren't the stockers. The original speakers are top mounted.