Is upgrading to a 2000 Civic Si the best choice?

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why would he go sedan when he just bought a si coupe????
it doesnt take long to replace the bulbs, prolly more than 5 min, but not that long. the stock corners are amber, so somebody changed them.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nickeleye said:
Sedans are a no go for me. I prefer coupes. It's too late anyway since I've already got the new car. I'm also not a big fan of HUGE wheels. I prefer my 16's and would only go up to 17's at the most.

How does it only take 5 min. to replace the bulbs? Don't you have to take the entire light off to have access to the bubs? I noticed that the clear lens does snap off from the main light, but the amount of clearance around the edge of the light doesn't look like much and it looks like you could potentially break the caches on the lens. Then again, what do I know... I've never changed bulbs on these lights.
It easy to change a turn signal bulb...you just unscrew the bulb from the headlight housing in the back..you'll most likely have to remove your fender-splash guard..

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West - I think what happened is that the kid that had it before probably bought the blue/white bulbs and thought it was the right kind for the headlights, but turned out to be the type of plug for the signal lights and put the bulbs there instead. I bought Silverstars to replace the turn signal bulbs as well as the headlight bulbs. We'll see tomorrow if I can get them all swapped.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
o cool....i dont know if u said this before....but what color is the si? FBP, EBP, or MR?
:edit: in case u dont know the colors, thats basically black (flamenco black), blue (electron blue), and (milano red) red, respectivly

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Has anybody tinted the glass on their sunroof/moonroof?

Also, finally was able to install the new Silverstar headlight bulbs and Silverstar turn signal bulbs today. I'm waiting for it to get dark so I can get my first good look at them. I think the headlight bulbs should definitely be brighter and look better and I also know I'm legal with my turn signal lights now! I'm not sure what the kid that had this before me was thinking.

On another note, after cleaning up the car some and installing my new stereo, etc. I've just noticed little things that seem to be missing from the car... careless stuff like, missing screws/bolts (due to laziness I'm sure) for example. Don't get me wrong, overall the car is great, but I'm slowly making a list of things that will need to be fixed. The next big things to do are to put the exhaust from my old civic on (Thermal R&D Stealth) along with the DC Sports 4-2-1 headers (luckily my dad had an extra set that he isn't using for his CRX SiR anymore) as well as my wheels, adjustable springs and short shifter. It sounds like a lot, but I don't think it'll be too bad. I hope to have everything all fixed up in the next week or so and then I can put the other civic up for sale.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dam,n i missed all the posts....
damn
damn
'damn

anyways..something i shoul dpoint out i thought...

u lose about 7 hp per 100 lb...

food for thought...

so daily cruiser...go getter...or a drag car....power to f**kin weight ratio

Apex1185

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Big improvement over your current car, if you can find a good one then go for it!

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha. I guess some people haven't noticed... but I did get the car. I'm in the process of swapping parts, etc. over from my DX. So far I really like the car. It's tough for me to keep the gas pedal in check, but I'm sure I will learn to after I figure out how expensive my gas bills come up to!

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nickeleye said:
It's tough for me to keep the gas pedal in check, but I'm sure I will learn to after I figure out how expensive my gas bills come up to!

I posted it earlier, but I get 30 - 32 miles a gallon in my si. That's with "spirited" driving too.

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Interesting. I'm just about to 100 miles on the tank and the gauge is reading just above half full. I'm not sure if the gauge is off or something. I guess I'll just wait until the guage shows that I'm on E and fill up to see how much actually goes into the tank. If it says I'm on E, but only fills up with 9 or 10 gallons then I guess that'll mean something's up.

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That sounds about right. I use the trip thing and monitor every tank of gas. I'm usually at 150 miles on half tank. The gas gauge fluctuates on Si's alot, so keep that in mind. Going up hills, stepping hard on the gas makes the gauge go down, but it'll come back up. I noticed a slight increase in gas mileage with my NGK blue spark plug wires too...

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've got my own motivations on the price. I'm not going to argue about it here. Just wanted to show some pics.

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, I was curious about that too. So I checked it out when I checked out the SI I just bought. The records are nothing bad. It's all routine crap like passing smog, change of ownership (once when my parents originally picked it up at the dealer) and a second time when they transferred it into my name so I could pay the registration and all that stuff. Just goes to show that just because a car has several records, they're not necessarily bad. None of them are bad in my case.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
quite a 4x4 dx you got going on there. looks like you took care of the paint well though. good luck with the sale