JDM Debate

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think we should all move to Japan that way we can get these parts cheaper, and wouldnt living in japan just be fun?

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sure if you dont mind women being treated as 3rd class citizens, business politics that are shadier beyond any of our wildest dreams, and of course living in an incredibly cramped country. i think ill take america and the more expensive jdm crap, thanks.

p.s. the really nice aftermarket stuff for our cars is usually better than the "jdm" stuff people spend so much money on.

jdmdaily

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
great tell everyone what jdm is so every rich ass hole can jump on the band wagon and ruin it for the true car enthusiast
whats next nissan?? ruin that for us to buddy be quiet

Myogi_Nightkid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^
and what makes you say that you are "true JDM enthusiast"?

anyone can claim that not unless you can prove to me that you do own an EK9 then i would agree to what you said.

it is true that everything we hear these days is "JDM this, JDM that..." and it is getting played out that people are getting ripped off with outrageous prices and "JDM style" products.

if you are the "true JDM enthusiast" that you claim to be, i feel your pain. the person who started this topic had good intentions. it is a way to educate people who have repeatedly been stupid about it.

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WOopty dooo! he has a "EK9" aka HB DX........ This thread was for people to learn from..... And in case youve been locked up in a closet for the past year, then you know JDM is already maintream... So quit your wining cause its already been revealed to the import world!

jdmdaily

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes i will gladly post a pic of my car at the moment its raining here in KY and its about 12:00A.M. i will post tomorrow a pic of my car. although if you all are true enthusiast you should feel the same why before it was mainstream i remember scouting for parts trying to understand what some guy in japan was saying to me and i knew i had something so special and so unique no one could touch me.and know you can get on some web site and order anything it was my life building my car and will always be that. but understand just a few clicks away your car is built on one website you wake up and some guy is driving your car oh wait your cars right there. put it together in a weekend with just two clicks and mama's bank roll.
sorry its just frustrating.

Myogi_Nightkid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ i feel you man. but now that having J-spec parts is already in the mainstream, i think it's just best to educate the people who don't what JDM is.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i fail to understand how unique it is to put on a part that popped out of a honda factory on your honda.

Myogi_Nightkid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ good point. but then again not everything from honda of japan gets over here in the US.

jdmdaily

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats really cool man you guys see what im saying and actually me and a buddy were just trying to get a good debate on the entire subject your right putting a part on your car isnt hard but finding them is rather confusing at times i wasn't trying to make anyone upset just a good debate actually there are very good points in educating others actually thats what all forums were truly ment for. im just glad everyone took it to an intellectual point. this was just a way to see what everyone on this forum was really about.

jdmdaily

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
we actually did this on another forum which i havent got to check yet. we used some misleading information to see what type of knowledge people were working with. to see how others would respond and im going to check that one now i believe its jdmcivic.com check it out for yourself

Myogi_Nightkid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ if you're trying to experiment on this kind of subject on jdmcivic.com, it would be better if you would just consult or talk to the moderators.

there are a lot of people in that forum that claim to be true JDM enthusiasts.

the mods in JDMC can't really do anything about it. after all, it is a public forum. but if it is information or help you need, you can count on that forum. i learned a lot from the mods there.

Setanta

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JDM is vastly over-rated ;)

Having owned a private import EF9 for over 3 years now I don't see what the fuss is about.

But to answer an earlier question - in the case of the EF series, the EF8 and EF9 SiRs are a complete revamp of the chassis and running gear from the firewall forwards and a lot isn't interchangable with the other EFs or the EE (Euro) or EDs of the same vintage. Not much at all is interchangable including engine mounts, brakes, crossmembers etc.

neaky

Nexus One
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know about you guys but I am sick of JDM. I hate it when some a**hole looks down his nose at me because he has JDM this and JDM that. I understand that these people are a minority and probably not even JDM purists. I myself don't understand spending thousands of dollars on your Civic just to bring it up to Japans specs. I would rather spend that money here in north america. Besides for the cash you'd drop trying to be all JDM you could produce one sick car. I think bolting on stock parts and calling your ride cool is kinda dumb, I give credit to people who actually create something unique for their car by actually "customizing" it. But then that's just my opinion...

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
....... anfrey cast's •LIFE•

hate the people, not the products those hard working japanese ppl are making

DelSho

i love gooold!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
neaky said:
I don't know about you guys but I am sick of JDM. I hate it when some a**hole looks down his nose at me because he has JDM this and JDM that. I understand that these people are a minority and probably not even JDM purists. I myself don't understand spending thousands of dollars on your Civic just to bring it up to Japans specs. I would rather spend that money here in north america. Besides for the cash you'd drop trying to be all JDM you could produce one sick car. I think bolting on stock parts and calling your ride cool is kinda dumb, I give credit to people who actually create something unique for their car by actually "customizing" it. But then that's just my opinion...
"JDM" parts are not always stock parts. Japanese domestic market (all companies producing parts with-in Japan)

c-soul

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think people nowadays are just plain trendy w/the whole JDM thing just like how it was back when white clear tail lights were cool or altezza lights or extreme robot body kits were the "in" thing & etc...basicly JDM is good & bad...good because parts fit in perfectly (sometimes) bad because its sooo freakin expensive & the time to wait for a part to arrive sucks...to put it this way do with what YOU feel works best for you go with YOUR own style dont follow others thats what makes your ride differ from other people...to be a "True" JDM enthusiast is to actually import a genuine JDM veichle into the states now thats keepin it real other than that your car that you have now which originally came from a USDM plant is just a "wannabe" JDM veichle with identity problems..yea that sucks to say but it is true if you think about it...we may have the real deal parts here & there but its still not the "real" thing...you know whats real funny & ironic?...Japanese people in general follow the U.S. trends they wanna be Americanized...BMX is just getting popular there...crazy huh...

TSC4dr01

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I Wonder Wassup With The Whole Jdm Craze Going On. I Am Not Into The Whole Jdm Thing Seems Like Jdm Look Is Boring Doesnt Seem Like Anything Stands Out. Maybe I Am Just Not Understanding It.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
funny seems to me that ALL (or mostly all) the people that hate jap spec hondas with all the jdm (real oem honda) goodness really are just hating on the owners who are so stuck up for spending $350 on oem sir fogs... it doesn't seem to me that ANY of these jdm haters can tell me why in REALITY my oem ctr housings are not as cool as there super ultra spider projectors.. i say that why hate ANY modification.. i would like to think if there was a line id fall on the jdm side.. but HEY if people want to have apc projectors, tyc altezzas, neons and lambo doors.. i say f**k it.. go for it.. i dont see why people hate on jdm enthusiasts for scouring the earth for rare oem parts that are not offered in their market... i mean to me jdm honda only offers ONE thing and that is the ability for my car to be differant without being tacky or cheap.. NOT talking s**t.. but NO ONE can tell me that there are fitment problems with my oem sir lip.. or light output problems with my oem ctr housings..