JDM GC8 WRX Team SNK Chapter 2 - Misawa, Japan

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Some of you might know that I moved to Japan this past August. I sold my EJ8 after the failed high compression build and just swapped in a bone stock D16Z6. Well, I've been here for awhile and I haven't found the right car for the longest time. I wanted a 2nd generation LanEvo, but they are overpriced and are rather rare here. Several of them surfaced but prices end up being wayyyy too high.

Finally....I found the best deal of a life time.

1994 Subaru Impreza WRX
175,000 KM
STi swap @ 80,000 KM
Cusco front and rear sway bar
HKS Electronic Valve Controller (EBC)
Blitz BOV

$1200

It's was missing a steering column cover, left side skirt, and passenger seat belt clip didn't work. The next day I hit the local junkyard and I got everything I needed.

I did a release video on facebook with my friends. All of my friends didn't know what it was till I released the video. I am no means a pro at it, it's my first video.

[YOUTUBE="WRX GC8"]Iuu2UODxWXs[/YOUTUBE]

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Like I said, I went to the junkyard and got all the parts I needed. I also came out with other stuff.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs606.ash2/155877_461956918996_563508996_5733273_7000348_n.jpg[/img
Rim mountain

[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs606.ash2/155828_461957088996_563508996_5733277_392223_n.jpg

SiR rear bumper

SiR front bumper (PM me if you guys are realy interested)

Before

After

Change my steering wheel. But I changed it back because I didn't like it too much. Nothing wrong with it, but it was too luxury-ish for me. Not race-style enough for me. It's for sale, I'll post stuff for sale soon.

The two nardi wheels are for sale.

OblivionEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice car, you know everybody's gonna want more pics though.
I hate to see a Mitsubishi FTO, Euro R, and EK4 at a junkyard...

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice car, you know everybody's gonna want more pics though.
I hate to see a Mitsubishi FTO, Euro R, and EK4 at a junkyard...
WATCH THE VIDEO! haha

Thanks. Most of the cars in the yard aren't wrecked exactly. A lot of people that get stationed out here can't sell there car before they have to leave, so they junk their perfectly good cars for like 100 dollars.

You guys will be surprised...but Honda is basically non-existent here. =(
The drifting scene has gotten way too big. And all of the tuners out here have at least 500 hp. Honda doesn't scream power, so most cars out here are mostly Nissans and Subarus. There are a good amount of FD/FC rx-7's, a few evo's.

I've only seen a total of 5 Type-R's... and they were bone stock.

Also, you would be surprised when you pop the hood of on half of these Honda's. All D16's...HAHAHA. All Integra's I've scene all had D16's...lol.

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I installed springs and an intake on the subaru yesterday. I'll upload pictures soon.

00_jdm_em1

xREDLINE EM1x
I just stumbled upon this thread... Any way you could find a licesnse plate off an EM1?? I would love to have one... PM me if its possible... thanks

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dude you should start researching parts and such out there and ship them here for $$$$$$..... Those bumpers on that civic, I say go buy them and sell them... Not kidding you should pick them up then sell them to someone here... I bet you could make some cash!

lil95ex

the junkyard is heaven but the cars that were there made me want to cry a little beautiful jdm engineering and just sitting to rust and not on the road i almost wanna go over there and buy them all the whole car lol.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man that junkyard is f**king awesome, i have to get to Japan...xD

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member