JDM Skylines omg (56K DIE!)

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, so you're a Marine in Okinawa... you finally get your f**king POV license after being here for at least a year and a half... you find out that Skylines are more plentiful than Civics on this island and older ones are cheap as hell... you've always wanted one but can't get them in America... so what happens? Half the squadron has Skylines. Since we worked this past saturday, I brought my camera and snapped some pics of my Flightline buddies' Skylines while I was waiting for the bus. It was like 3:30 in the afternoon so the lighting is horrible. And yes, I know the front bumper on the red one is f**ked up. The replacement is being painted now.

"Proof" pic, he caught me in mid talk so I ended up looking really pissed/sad

And finally...

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:drool:

Jason-

jdm king :p
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Both are awesome! I wish I had one..

-Jason

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LOL I want that shirt...I would get so much crap around campus.....

Sweet cars though, it's funny how people over there drool over a mustang, a car I see 20 times a day here, and we all drool over their plentiful cars. But I think skyline > mustang :D

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LOL I want that shirt...I would get so much crap around campus.....

Sweet cars though, it's funny how people over there drool over a mustang, a car I see 20 times a day here, and we all drool over their plentiful cars. But I think skyline > mustang :D
They see a Mustang as a performance car for the price of a well equipped family sedan.

Same goes there as I'd take it.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They see a Mustang as a performance car for the price of a well equipped family sedan.

Same goes there as I'd take it.
It's not so much the car itself, but just the obsession people have with something they don't see often. Kind of like how people in the U.S. drool over JDM/EDM airbag trays, clocks, and misc. parts that don't really improve the car. Clearly there are better cars in Japan than the mustang that they could get for cheaper, just like there are better cars in America than a CTR or whatever we could get for cheaper.

ryanM

yea its hard for people to realize that skylines arent all that great, their not even that fast...

their not even hard to find in the states either....

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's kind of refreshing to see a Skyline that's a daily driver, all we ever see are the super crazy all out show/race cars.

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sweet tshirt! My mom and dad are former Marines. Those are nice cars! Whats stoppin you from getting one?

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sweet tshirt! My mom and dad are former Marines. Those are nice cars! Whats stoppin you from getting one?
The fact that I'm stationed on Okinawa and I haven't taken my test to get a POV license here because I'm not a Corporal and I havent been here for a year and a half... :lol: I gotta take a f**king bus or taxi or hopefully hitch a ride everywhere I go. s**t sucks.

A majority of Skylines are just normal commuter cars... I rarely ever see even an R34, most of them are older Skylines.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea its hard for people to realize that skylines arent all that great, their not even that fast...

their not even hard to find in the states either....

Down for the cause!

No more rotas !

FLCL7777

JDM not-tyte Yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
have they ever raced like a R34 GTR vs a Saleen Stang/cobra

anyways i totally agree on the premise that the fact the skyline is rare is more the value/aura booster than its actual "power" which is also insanely good. The thing is though, you could pretty much build a "skyline" in the US. 240sx+Rb26=rwd skyline

not the same thing, but close enough, and alot cheaper

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

anyways i totally agree on the premise that the fact the skyline is rare is more the value/aura booster than its actual "power" which is also insanely good. The thing is though, you could pretty much build a "skyline" in the US. 240sx+Rb26=rwd skyline

Have you seen the price difference for a R34 GTR and a Cobra?

ryanM

i'm not sure if you know, but the ONLY skylines that are awd are GTR's, all other trim levels are rwd. and most skylines are RB20 or RB25 powered.