10+ Year Member
Had a lucky ass weekend. Only 40k miles on my engine

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Let's hope everything internally is fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I swapped the belt over the weekend, compression tested and set the timing and she started up fine. No strange idle, drives normally but was making more rattles than usual upon scold start up. So I adjusted the valves yesterday and same thing just quieter but she drives fine and the rattle goes away after she warms up so idk what to think.

It's my own dumbass fault though. Got the rebuild kit from a local company Japanenginesinc with all the gaskets and belts. I've literally changed every single gasket within the first 1000 miles from intake to exhaust to head gasket cuz they all started leaking. I totally for got I got the belts from them too otherwise I would have changed those out sooner. I guess just gotta be glad there seems to be no damage.

Never buy from these guys. I rebuilt 2 engines at the same time with their gaskets. Both headgaskets started leaking within 1000 miles. Never had that problem with oem or even felpro gaskets and I've used at least 3 of those fixing friends cars

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
End O summer progress:

-Paint matched hood, trunk, spoiler, and lip using rattle cans.
-got fogs

-also plastidipped my chrome trim just yesterday cuz i wanted to see what the black looks like. I dig it.

Before

After

Havent done much else lol

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Paint looks good!

Really diggin the plastidip. I've been wanting to try that stuff out.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys, yeah paints not a perfect match, has a bit more metallic flakes than the oem paint so it looks a tad darker so I sprayed the bumper a tad as well to help the whole front end blend better.

@young_ That plastidip stuff is insanely foolproof and looks great, It sprays on kinda bubbly but then smooths itself out and even though I masked most of it off I still got some over spray from being lazy and it just rubs right off.