anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
yeah exactly. so they gave her 2 paid days and have her give them the jury duty compensation. overall she got to experience the justice system for 2 days and got 1 day's pay out of it. bullshit, imho.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LOL! thats great.... and he didnt have to serve anyways.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
They're never going to let you be on the jury duty in the first place if you make it seem like you don't give a f**k about who wins/loses. Someone who doesn't care weather an innocent man goes to prison or a child molester goes free...They're not idiots and they probably understand that'll happen if they let a bunch of retards be on the jury. All you have to do to be excused from that s**t is to let them know that you "don't give a f**k". Of course there are better ways of doing it than that guy did, but he got his point across...

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
They don't want idiots, but then the defense doesn't want someone with common sense. So it's a lose lose situation.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
They don't want idiots, but then the defense doesn't want someone with common sense. So it's a lose lose situation.
Kinda-sorta. That's exactly why they don't want someone who doesn't care that could go either way.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
That guy owns!!!

Why are we forced to go to Jury Duty anyways?? You could get yourself excused but you cant use the excuse of being low on money or school. My girlfriend went and missed 3 days of work. The court only paid her about $37. Its bullshit IMO, some people are barely making it, then they are forced to MISS work for something that doesnt even matter to them.

I was summoned to go to Jury Duty back in February but I just ignored the paper. Whats gunna happen to me?

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That guy owns!!!

I was summoned to go to Jury Duty back in February but I just ignored the paper. Whats gunna happen to me?
i believe its the same thing as skipping a court date, or failure to appear. you could have a warrant for your arrest issued.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i believe its the same thing as skipping a court date, or failure to appear. you could have a warrant for your arrest issued.
correct. you get charged with failure to appear for a summons and a warrant for your arrest is issued.

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think they should just get people from nursing homes that dont work... they might even enjoy it :what:

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i never go to jury duty even when im called....hmmmm
Watch one day you'll get pulled over for a broken taillight or something, they'll run your licence and BAM! A warrant, you're going to jail sir!

Everyone is right, failure to appear=warrant. Most of the time they don't do warrant sweeps for failure to appear for jury duty, but if you get pulled over you best believe that you're going to get cuffed...

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
aye, as kensai said, they won't actively search you out due to the cost involved, but given the opportunity, they will arrest you. maybe you should go turn yourself in.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oddly every time ive showed up theyve sent me right back out... telling me my services were not needed.. :what:

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
God damn it.... So do I just go to the local Police station and check if I have a warrant issued for me??

Will I get thrown in state prison to serve 10 to 15 or will I just get a citation ticket?

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
God damn it.... So do I just go to the local Police station and check if I have a warrant issued for me??

Will I get thrown in state prison to serve 10 to 15 or will I just get a citation ticket?

Try writing them a letter and make up some bs about why you didn't show up.

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

a warrant for your arrest doesnt mean you get a ticket, it means you get arrested. you know, handcuffs and behind bars. its not a felony though, you wont go to prison, youll sit it out at local.

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
anyone who stands up against our 'justice system' in this country is a hero in my eyes

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

oh god, they won't do s**t. If you don't show up then you'll probably get replaced. That doesn't mean they can't do anything tho, they can but highly doubtful they will.