Just arrived from ClubIntegra.com

HONDAPROOF

Hello ClucCivic, my name is Scott. I recently sold my da integra and purchased an ej8 with a b20 vtec swap. I put her up in my garage a week after I got it home to change out the clutch, along with a list of other things. The first week it ran good, after the new clutch I had to replace the main relay. With the new relay it fired up without hesitation. That day I let it idle to operating temperature before I drove it and all was well. About two miles from home the speedo and tach began bouncing. A few seconds later the cluster lights flashed, dimmed, and then the car died. The battery, relay, alternater, and fuses were che led and tested. After all that I get nothing from her. No cranking, nothing. Until she stopped all was working well. I would appreciate any help I can get so that I can drive her. I hope to make this forum my home as I did ClubIntegra. Thanks in advance.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome to the f**king club man!

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome lets get some tech ppl on this thread to help this man out

tekfoc

5+ Year Member
Bad icm in your dizzy.

HONDAPROOF

Thanks fellas. The sooner I get her on the road the better. I've spent alot of money on her already lol.

RonJ

Banned
How long does it take to drive from ClubIntegra to ClubCivic?

Do the hazard lights or horn work? Have you checked the battery ground wire attached to the chassis in the engine bay? Is it loose or corroded?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
On any new vehicle always change plugs, wires, cap and rotor...

Welcome to CC!

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i had this problem with my b16. it is fuse 15... that kept blowing. maybe you havent got to that stage yet that i was at. my fuse would blow every single time the car was on...
i changed the alt out and and it never happened again. it was something in the alt that kept killing everything and blowing fuses.....

car would not jump, lights didnt work, no electricals. just the engine ran, then died out shortly after.

try that.

my problem sounds exactly like what you said

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do u get any lights at all?

If so, check ur starter. If not, check what ronj said...

RonJ

Banned
A bad ICM or distributor would NOT cause the speedo to bounce or the cluster lights to dim or flash.

RonJ

Banned
IF the battery is fine, then a blown fuse 15 would not prevent the engine from cranking and starting.

tekfoc

5+ Year Member
A bad ICM or distributor would NOT cause the speedo to bounce or the cluster lights to dim or flash.
Bad icm causes the rpm to bounce around . And of course a no start.
Was not referring to speedo bouncing.

http://techauto.awardspace.com/ignition.html

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
IF the battery is fine, then a blown fuse 15 would not prevent the engine from cranking and starting.
um ok since ive been through this exact problem. fuse 15 keeps blowing due to the alternator. which lead to having to replace the fuse instantly all the time.
how can the car start if there is a blown fuse that keeps getting shot from the alt, which really powers and charges the car electricals.... hhhmmmmmm.

my case was so severe that everytime the car ran, fuse 15 would blow, and if it sat long enough, the battery would lose its charge not starting.

ive been there and done this with fuse 15. have you? if not, dont tell me im wrong. ive experience first hand this piece of s*** problem with fuse 15, the alt, and dizzy.

he may not have this exact situation, but i was offering my advice in what to look for and help to diagnos his problem.