just got home from the track

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your mph is pretty high for a 16.8, try and lower your 60' and you'll see mid 16's

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my mph for 15.5 was 88

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i trapped a 101mph....witha 2900 pound car

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i went to the track last night myself...ran the b16 like 3 times....i was scared to launch it because last time i was racing...i wasn't preloading....and i fried the differential....so.....i was launching like i was coming off a stop light....and it was awesome....16.5 @ 92mph...haha...60' were like 2.8...

i woulda launched...but i could only afford to race it...not fix it if i broke it....anyways...i had fun doing it...and shitting on this particular dodge caliber which was launching hard and running 17.8's haha

kip

5+ Year Member
launching doesnt really work in a front wheel drive car with street tires. the best way is to slip the clutch so you got no tire spin or wheel hop and the car doesnt bog. that way you also dont get the shock on the drivetrain, but it is hard on the clutch.

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
damn 16s for a b16?

yea i was just havin fun...my best time was a 15.0 but the run after that i didn't preload the car and i broke the trans..that was the last time i raced at the track...like 2 months ago.....i'm just scared to launch it and break stuff again...and i wanted to go down the track...so i was easin it off rollin in 1st then hittin it....pretty fun really...some peoples faces in the stands were like WTF...haha cause when vtec would cross....it would just go...

Eun

5+ Year Member
eh, 16.89 still pretty slow...but good thing you checked out your car.

SPOONIECIVIC

NO its really fast!!!
5+ Year Member
yes my launches do suck i know this but i dont want to hurt the clutch. what is the "proper" way to launch? and i only got in 1 run then it rained. it did hop a little on my launch

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
every car is different, just practice at it until you find something that works for you. id like to take my car to the track, but the closest one to me shut down. and i dont feel like driving an hour and a half just to run my car

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the preferred way to "launch" the car is preloading...now at what rpm to stay at is different for everyone...

preloading is basically..stage your car....pull the e brake up with the button still held in...
then you rev your car to the rpm you want...and slightly let off the clutch pedal not enough to make the car move...but to make the rear squat....

then when the light turns green.....all at once...drop the e brake....the clutch and hit the gas...

takes practice....

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic98turbo said:
the preferred way to "launch" the car is preloading...now at what rpm to stay at is different for everyone...

preloading is basically..stage your car....pull the e brake up with the button still held in...
then you rev your car to the rpm you want...and slightly let off the clutch pedal not enough to make the car move...but to make the rear squat....

then when the light turns green.....all at once...drop the e brake....the clutch and hit the gas...

takes practice....
my bro needs to do that, so his turbo spools.

iCivic

EJ8 in the making...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i ran a 16.5 in my ex with a trashed tranny that wouldn't go into 2nd and grinded into 3rd

kip

5+ Year Member
civic98turbo said:

takes practice....
way too much work. after you stage put the e-brake down (the car wont roll) and practice with different rpms and slippin the clutch so the tires dont spin.

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
kip said:
way too much work. after you stage put the e-brake down (the car wont roll) and practice with different rpms and slippin the clutch so the tires dont spin.

yea i mean...just do it to how your comfortable....the way i said is how i like because....when your staged and you slowly start to let off the clutch pedal...sometimes your trying to hard and you don't have enough time because the tree is going to start so you hesitate and get a shitty launch or redlight....

like i said do it to how your comfortable....everyone is different just as is every car....but my advice on however you launch is...don't just revv it up with the clutch to the floor and then on green drop it ...thats how you really start breaking stuff like trans, axles
that sudden pop of the clutch and the diff locking fries parts

when i launch how i said....i have barely any tire spin...just because the car is already squatted and its just nice and smooth....and has good pull...

no matter what you do...practice makes perfect

SPOONIECIVIC

NO its really fast!!!
5+ Year Member
yea she has no torque.. i had the celica for a few seconds but it dosnt want to go down low in the rpms. if i try to launch by slipping the car shutters and shakes and then the radio falls out. ill keep trying but it rains so damn much here. ill post next weeks times friday night. thanks for the advice ill try that with the e brake