Just wanted some opinions on my wire tuck

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the battery is the smallest sealed battery at my work.

For the exhaust i got the stock exhaust off of marks eg and shortened it(a lot) and welded a flange just like you had onto the cat.The exhaust stops right before the fuel tank. It sounds really nice too. it has a stock ungutted cat which im sure is keeping it quiet but i am thinking about drilling like a 1" hole threw it so there is still a bunch of catilist and high flow. that kid arron i helpped put the b16 in has a thermal exhaust muffler so i am gonna ask him if i can have it and finish running the exhaust.

the first time i took the car out with the intake the tire hit the filter and knocked it off, then i ran over it. but its fixed now.
pics are bigger now
want the exhaust from my CRX? sell it to you for $20. it sounded real nice IMO. simple, too.

EF Honda EF

where does it stop? cause i remember seeing it cut off right where the first 90 bend would start right infront of the fuel tank. if it is then that is the same exhaust i have now(a pretty much stright pipe with a cat and a resinator)if it makes the two 90 bends then i may buy it cause i can just bolt it up to the dc muffler

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
it makes one bend. side exit:

and that is a complete 90* bend. i made sure before we cut it.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Holy smokes man! There's like 2 wires on your entire engine. It looks so clean! Props for doing what you do.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Holy smokes man! There's like 2 wires on your entire engine. It looks so clean! Props for doing what you do.
there's 4. they control the spark in each cylinder. that is all. i think he said he tried to tuck them, but the car wouldn't start. :???:

EF Honda EF

there is a lot of wires but they are just "tucked". if you look at some of the side pics you can see them coming out of the firewall down low.
it makes one bend. side exit:

and that is a complete 90* bend. i made sure before we cut it.
do you have the rest of the exhaust? the part you cut

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
nope....it sat at my house forever so i took it to the dump. it was just two 45* bends.

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
one day my engine bay will look as good as yours. something u will probabl not do but it would clean it up more if u put ITB's on the motor, and wjhy dont u put the radiator fan on the opposite site of the radiator, that will free up some space too.

this is gona be a stupid question, but, is there anyway to "tuck" your radiator, out of view?

EF Honda EF

one day my engine bay will look as good as yours. something u will probabl not do but it would clean it up more if u put ITB's on the motor, and wjhy dont u put the radiator fan on the opposite site of the radiator, that will free up some space too.
this is gona be a stupid question, but, is there anyway to "tuck" your radiator, out of view?
i dont like the radiator fan on the other side. i look at it as when the fan is on the back side it hardly gets any air throuh the radiator to cool the motor. i would rather it be blowing right on the motor to diapate the heat in the engine bay better.

If you could get a smaller radiator that sat under that T bracket, kinda where the A/C condensor sits that would be a sort of tuck. just like a stock length radiator but just a few inchest smaller so you could push it back

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont like the radiator fan on the other side. i look at it as when the fan is on the back side it hardly gets any air throuh the radiator to cool the motor. i would rather it be blowing right on the motor to diapate the heat in the engine bay better.

If you could get a smaller radiator that sat under that T bracket, kinda where the A/C condensor sits that would be a sort of tuck. just like a stock length radiator but just a few inchest smaller so you could push it back
i think you forgot the S in disapate. but i and others no what you mean. and im glad i have my fan on the right side of the radiator now. thanks for the custom bracket.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

people tuck the radiators all the time. u can have summit make radiators for your exact specifications.

i've seen dyno graphs showing ITBs making less power then a 65mm intake manifold.

keeping the fan on the engine side will help out a little if you supercharge it too. Anything u can do to keep temps down is important...s**t, when u s/c u should get another 10" fan for the front of the radiator to add.

i dont see any other real disadvantages to the fan being on the front though...

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

thats close to an example. if u have a smaller radiator, or a beefier radiator support like the EGs have its a little better.

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya thats a full size, plus its on a ef so u got the smaller bay. i guess its kinda tucked, but i think this guy did it solely becus he has a k20 and want the room, id like to see it on a N/A eg bay with a B-series, and half size radiator that is

EF Honda EF

you could maybe try cutting a stock radiator and soldering the fins back together to make it shorter to fit under the radiator support piece. kyle is that one of those gti radiators you were talking about?

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you could maybe try cutting a stock radiator and soldering the fins back together to make it shorter to fit under the radiator support piece. kyle is that one of those gti radiators you were talking about?
i think thats the gti radiator....not sure.

i dont know if u could get away with silver solder on those joints. u would probably have to braze them. but there would be just about no way in hell that u could do that without seriously hindering its ability to cool. i remember learning about that for A/C units....

EF Honda EF

i think thats the gti radiator....not sure.

i dont know if u could get away with silver solder on those joints. u would probably have to braze them. but there would be just about no way in hell that u could do that without seriously hindering its ability to cool. i remember learning about that for A/C units....
ahhh. it was just an idea. i know you repair them with solder. I painted one of those seats yesterday. looks Ok nothing great. im gonna try to put one in friday. my grandma is gonna try to patch the other one cause it has a huge rip in it

EF Honda EF

A little update. i did this a little while ago but never posted the pics. I got two momo racing seats from a friend and painted them black with fabric pant. Then i modded the stock rails to fit the momo's and bolted it in.

test fit

it was leaning way to the left so i needed some more washers

my custom welded seat belt bracket holder. I welded two nuts together for the bolt to go threw and hold the buckle on.

And my grandma's caviler i painted.