K20 EK9 Build up, tons of pics!

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
SierraSonic said:
Get a cat, I'm 100% positive thats your problem... XD
I'm 100% sure it's not.

My exhaust has NO MUFFLER! It has one resonator, other than that it is free flowing. It's made to be a race exhaust, not for the street.

:o Well I had headers and catback from OBX, with a testpipe from OBX, sounded really nice and deep, but was loud as f**k. I got a twin loop muffler instead of a cat and I kinda regret it, sounds a bit more ricey now, so I'm just going to get a cat and might reweld the other muffler if this one still sounds ricey.

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
SierraSonic said:
:o Well I had headers and catback from OBX, with a testpipe from OBX, sounded really nice and deep, but was loud as f**k. I got a twin loop muffler instead of a cat and I kinda regret it, sounds a bit more ricey now, so I'm just going to get a cat and might reweld the other muffler if this one still sounds ricey.
I'm sorry I'd never put an OBX part on my car...just my 2 cents.

If you dont have a real Mugen twin-loop its going to sound like poo. You need a cat, and a cat back..a nice quality one. Otherwise your wasting your money...

tangy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DigitalShift said:
Yes, they are from the UK.. They are not widely known in the US. Clockwise Motion, they develop F1 parts and all kinds of crazy stuff.
yeah man i know who they are im going to do a k swap with one of their extensivley tried and tested k24 hybrid engines. they told me about their itb's and it is true they really did get around 290 whp in thier demo and customer cars. 8)

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
tangy said:
yeah man i know who they are im going to do a k swap with one of their extensivley tried and tested k24 hybrid engines. they told me about their itb's and it is true they really did get around 290 whp in thier demo and customer cars. 8)
You got it. :P

tangy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh yeah just seen the vid, AWESOME!!!! :shock:

how was getting traction just as you were pulling off?

<.< There are no problems with OBX products. You have a crappy sounding exhaust with your name brand shits. I dont mean to come off as an ass, but unless you can prove that your products are superior enough to be worth the extra $300 then sure I'll agree with you, but you jsut cant beat the Price to Quality ratio of an OBX product. :/

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
SierraSonic said:
<.< There are no problems with OBX products. You have a crappy sounding exhaust with your name brand shits. I dont mean to come off as an ass, but unless you can prove that your products are superior enough to be worth the extra $300 then sure I'll agree with you, but you jsut cant beat the Price to Quality ratio of an OBX product. :/
hahaha.. I'm not going to argue with you. But do you ever see an OBX race car? I havent...I would love to see a REAL race car with nothing but OBX parts. I think it's crap. Dont sit there and say if you had the money(I assume you dont) you would buy an OBX muffler over a Spoon, J's Racing, Buddy Club ect ect. If you say yes, you are an idiot.

You get what you pay for.. OBX is s**t.

Oh btw my exhaust was like $300. So, not only does my cat-back make MORE power, and it was machine crafted with PERFECT tig welds, the resonator won't go bad in 3 months, You hear the engine, not a tiwanese coffee can. OBX parts are cheap, therefore the quality is cheap bro..dont kid yourself.

I dont care if you think my exhaust sounds bad, it's not really ment to be the best sounding exhaust..it's made to make power. (my number 1 goal)

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
tangy said:
oh yeah just seen the vid, AWESOME!!!! :shock:

how was getting traction just as you were pulling off?
It didnt really spin that much because I rolled into it..but from a stop it just spins.

DigitalShift said:
hahaha.. I'm not going to argue with you. But do you ever see an OBX race car? I havent...I would love to see a REAL race car with nothing but OBX parts. I think it's crap. Dont sit there and say if you had the money(I assume you dont) you would buy an OBX muffler over a Spoon, J's Racing, Buddy Club ect ect. If you say yes, you are an idiot.

You get what you pay for.. OBX is s**t.

Oh btw my exhaust was like $300. So, not only does my cat-back make MORE power, and it was machine crafted with PERFECT tig welds, the resonator won't go bad in 3 months, You hear the engine, not a tiwanese coffee can. OBX parts are cheap, therefore the quality is cheap bro..dont kid yourself.

I dont care if you think my exhaust sounds bad, it's not really ment to be the best sounding exhaust..it's made to make power. (my number 1 goal)
How would you see an OBX race car, if they jsut mostly make replica parts? OBX isn't liek other companys that offer everything and the kitchen sink for you car, they offer good quality parts for a great price. I'm sorry you think that OBX is so horrible, but that is jsut not true, I'm not dissing your ride, My old OBX exhaust sounded EXACTLY like yours currently does, but since my car is a street car and not a full race car, I had to quiet it down. The biggest problem was that honda had to have headercats on the lower end models of a car, so I couldn't jsut do a easy swap, I had to buy a test pipe, which is the only problem with my car right now, it will be fixed once I find a good cheap cat from a junk yard. That was why I suggested a cat for you.

Blk05Civic

Reppin HX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
god damn thats nice! the exhaust is loud, but i think it sounds pretty nice! i actually like it, and the reason is because its a race car, not a street car

that stupid camry got in the way on the 2nd run :D

great build up btw its a sexy car and keep it up

have any vids from outside the car??

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
DigitalShift said:
Thanks. I like the way it sounds, I just wish it wasnt so loud.
sounds like my gsr....and i actually have a muffler :shock: :lol:

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn, great build up. yellow cap thows me off a lil but like that really matters, as mcdonald says, im lovin it!

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
I'm going to get another video up, that was just something to let everyone get an idea...nothing special. I literally took the camera, grabbed one of the guys in the office, told him to get in the car and hold the camera straight. As you see in the video we pulled out of our shop, went down the road, then turned around and went right back.

I'm looking for a muffler right now..lol I just cant deal with it. The car is a race car, but it's also my daily driver..lol I'm going to get the cops called on me if I keep driving it. I really dont feel a difference between with the catback and with the open header..lol

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Skunk2 MegaPower. I've heard it in person, and it's by far one of the least coffee can sounding exhausts I've ever heard. Also, the price makes it worth the buy :thumbs up

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah definetly got to post another vid. That one didnt do you enough justice. I know your s**t is faster then what it appeared. Are you planning on hitting up a track any time soon? That would be a good enough video.