K20 EK9 Build up, tons of pics!

EastBay_Hatch

Bay Area Youngin
5+ Year Member
Dam man i want one so bad. That shyt sounded nice. I really wish that f**kin white car wouldnt have been there to see u get on it. Defenitley cant wait till u post up more vids. You should post this up in the vids section =) I love it man. Best car on the site PERIOD.

hueman

Son of a b***h Must Pay
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
DigitalShift said:
Yes, they are from the UK.. They are not widely known in the US. Clockwise Motion, they develop F1 parts and all kinds of crazy stuff.

To the gentleman that said I'm crazy for beleiving it.. I dont think you understand.. Go to IPS's website they dynoed their cams, TWM 52mm ITB's, valvesprings & retainers, header, and with tuning made about 260-270whp..maybe more now. instead of all that, just dyno it on a dynojet and just let us know what you hit.

This car that I was referring to was not a Civic, it was a K20A Type R in a Lotus Elise..in Europe. With the roller ITB's, their custom cams, their custom header, and tuning with their own ECU made almost 290 to the wheels...all motor. Nothing else.
link me.. i can't find it. the only dyno i saw on their site that shows a 291 figure is odd... they label it as a 2672cc K24. is that what you meant?

DigitalShift said:
As for the Evolution, I'm not worried about what you say..or what all the other kids say. A K swap hatch will beat an Evolution from a roll from a stop even in reverse..I dont care what you say, I've seen it happen. Tens of thousands of dollars? About $15,000 for a really fast K swap Civic(the grey one in the video) thats HALF the sticker price of an Evolution.. you tell me where the value is.
a simple swap into that chassis will probably beat an evo8. evo 9s have been in the 12's stock, and there was one evo 9 that hit a high 11 with TBE, MBC and Flash. they regularly dyno at about 270awhp. the biggest issue a lot of people have on the non-evo forums is that you all think the evos havent' changed for s**t since day one.

and are we getting into the ricer argument of car price too? this is classic.. a civic hatchback probably runs, brand new, in the mid 10k mark.. i can't remember. add a swap to that, and the price is nearing 30k. wow, you can run in a straight line very fast after 15k worth of upgrades... and it probably costs more for the regular joe schmoe. yeah, tell me where the value is in that... you don't have the awd, the brakes, suspension, modability.. you just have some reciepts for some slicks. or are you saying 15k including the price of car? because in that instance, that's still a lot... why even bother? get an old ass mustang and build it yourself and save thousands of bucks and be faster. there's always someone faster for cheaper, so don't make yourself look foolish as though you went the cheapest most value-oriented route for everyone.

DigitalShift said:
I dont want to get into this again, but look at the facts. A K-swap Civic with trap over 100mph..about 107-108mph. Stock Evolutions trap about 100mph. You do the math, they are so fast because they get 1.8-1.9 60fts stock. I'll get 1.8s with huge slicks..

:roll:
why don't you look at the facts--an evo 9 is in the 12's. and 1.8-1.9 is not good for an evo... a 1.6 is. even so, you're quoting times and power results of a 2003 evo 8.

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dunno about that evo and k thing. i need to see it in person... then i'll judge. I don't wanna take any sides. But yea, I know the ITB are sick as hell and all, but I know they're not good for daily driving correct? Is there anyway to put filters that would fit on them for daily driving?

element_323

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All I can say is WHAT AN AMAZING BUILD!!! I'll be looking for your feature in the August issue of the mag.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hueman said:
link me.. i can't find it. the only dyno i saw on their site that shows a 291 figure is odd... they label it as a 2672cc K24. is that what you meant?

a simple swap into that chassis will probably beat an evo8. evo 9s have been in the 12's stock, and there was one evo 9 that hit a high 11 with TBE, MBC and Flash. they regularly dyno at about 270awhp. the biggest issue a lot of people have on the non-evo forums is that you all think the evos havent' changed for s**t since day one.

and are we getting into the ricer argument of car price too? this is classic.. a civic hatchback probably runs, brand new, in the mid 10k mark.. i can't remember. add a swap to that, and the price is nearing 30k. wow, you can run in a straight line very fast after 15k worth of upgrades... and it probably costs more for the regular joe schmoe. yeah, tell me where the value is in that... you don't have the awd, the brakes, suspension, modability.. you just have some reciepts for some slicks. or are you saying 15k including the price of car? because in that instance, that's still a lot... why even bother? get an old ass mustang and build it yourself and save thousands of bucks and be faster. there's always someone faster for cheaper, so don't make yourself look foolish as though you went the cheapest most value-oriented route for everyone.

why don't you look at the facts--an evo 9 is in the 12's. and 1.8-1.9 is not good for an evo... a 1.6 is. even so, you're quoting times and power results of a 2003 evo 8.
i have4 nothing against evo's infact i like them a LOT :lol:
but no1 is buying a hatchie for 10g's and then dropping a swap..that is not cost effective at all..
i bought my coupe for $2k..
swap with upgrades will run me about 10k..emphasis on upgrades because those are NOT necessary...
so that brings total to what 12k? alright..so suspension and brakes u say..so i'll drop another 3k which i won't..but lets say i do..that brings the total to 15K and my car is done...and it will EAT that evo 8 and evo 9 nomatter u want to go a str8 line or around the corner...

granted we still dont have the AWD but i guess we will just take satisfaction in a FWD saying :hi: to a AWD ;)

again i want to make it clear that i LOVE evo's..but u say where is the value in my civic?
15k for everything beating cars stickered at higher than double that amount is value enough for me :P :lol: 8)

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
hueman said:

To be honest with you, I really dont care for what you have to say. I dont know where you think you are, but this is a Civic forum. I dont get it... what car do you drive? Do you own an Evolution? STi? Skyline?? Do you own an almighty super tuner car? I dont care what you have, you obviously beleive whatever you want regardless of facts. Are you that ignorant to think someone paid $10,000 for a car thats 9 years old? Please! I paid a little over $1700 for this car in stock form. I'll tell you right now that the total cost of the car you see in these picutres was around $15-16k. Thats CHEAPER and FASTER than ANYTHING you can buy from a dealership.

Evolution IX ??? Who cares what Evo it is..lol You say it hits 12s stock, soooooo what? A K powered hatch will break 12s too and thats WITHOUT the traction the AWD has.

But if you are going to doubt me and what I say, please do not post anymore in my thread.

By the way, the 290whp figure wasnt from IPS. It's from a Europen company... I dont have to prove anything, call them up and ask them. :roll:

Also, yes there is a way to put filters on them. It looks like a big red twinky..lol

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Digital Shift, I say you hunt down an Evo 9. Take him to the track, and make a video of a K civic smoking an Evo. That should end all discussion between Evos and K civics. What do you think? Come on, please!!!

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
Rex_89 said:
Digital Shift, I say you hunt down an Evo 9. Take him to the track, and make a video of a K civic smoking an Evo. That should end all discussion between Evos and K civics. What do you think? Come on, please!!!
I'm not really worried about it, they will find out sooner or later. ;)

hueman

Son of a b***h Must Pay
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
DigitalShift said:
To be honest with you, I really dont care for what you have to say. I dont know where you think you are, but this is a Civic forum. I dont get it... what car do you drive? Do you own an Evolution? STi? Skyline?? Do you own an almighty super tuner car? I dont care what you have, you obviously beleive whatever you want regardless of facts. Are you that ignorant to think someone paid $10,000 for a car thats 9 years old? Please! I paid a little over $1700 for this car in stock form. I'll tell you right now that the total cost of the car you see in these picutres was around $15-16k. Thats CHEAPER and FASTER than ANYTHING you can buy from a dealership.
So that's your car. can joe schmoe without connections build that exact thing for the same price with labor? no. do you think you've accomplished something grande? your car is awesome, i love it, but stop being a f**king ricer. 15 grand? you think you can't go to some random performance shop and ask them what they can do with 15grand? please. and when did i say they paid 10k for a car? i said that was the price NEW

but then, what do you care about what i have to say? it's not like you'd take the time to keep writing back to me. me, i don't care.. this helps pass the time at work since they've blocked most of my regular sites, like crsx.

DigitalShift said:
Evolution IX ??? Who cares what Evo it is..lol You say it hits 12s stock, soooooo what? A K powered hatch will break 12s too and thats WITHOUT the traction the AWD has.
i have yet to see a k-powered hatch break 12s without further mods to the k20a. just the swap won't cut it. suspension, bolt ons, chassis work (stripping, reinforcement, whatever), slicks, sure, i'll believe that.. but don't get it twisted: a simple swap will not put that car into the 12s by itself.

yeah, a stock car that can hit 12's and has much more potential for power and handling is soooooo much worse of a tuner car than a car that is completely stripped, fwd, with a complete engine/tranny swap... for the money you've put into it (which factors to be about 12-13k, minus the cost of car), you'd better be in the looooow 11's. otherwise, what's the point? cost of car is a bullshit argument and everyone knows that. keep dreaming the ricer dream bro. i can't imagine where some cars would be with 12-13k put into them... hell, a 240sx would make it cry, and you can get one of those things for virtually nothing.

and roughly, the power differences of evos:

2003-2004 evo8 = dynos about ~220-230whp
2005 evo8 (and evo 8.5) = dynos about ~245whp
2006 evo9 = dynos about ~270whp

so yeah, there's a pretty significant difference between each... and they're more apparent when you start modding.

DigitalShift said:
But if you are going to doubt me and what I say, please do not post anymore in my thread.

By the way, the 290whp figure wasnt from IPS. It's from a Europen company... I dont have to prove anything, call them up and ask them. :roll:
you roll your eyes more than chicks that can't find a tampon. you said ips dyno'd it... i don't see the dyno. so for all the crap you talk, you haven't shown s**t. and i doubt you, because you haven't proven s**t.. you said that for those few bolt ons some company was dynoing over 290whp. you've gotta be f**king crazy to believe that. maybe with a stroker kit, race gas, optimal conditions, blah blah blah, i'd believe it.

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im probably going to CMI tomorrow, and i'll try to get some vids of what K civics can do. I know the K civics are out there today, hopefully they'll be there tomorrow.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you roll your eyes more than chicks that can't find a tampon
That has to be one of the downright STUPIDEST comebacks I have EVER heard. To be honest, you really should go to another forum, CLUBCIVIC.COM, what could that possibly mean? maybe it's a place where people talk about civics, not bash them in comparison to a $32k sports car. So pull the Evo's shifter out of your ass and quit accusing him of being a ricer

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hate! hate! hate! :rolf: I love CC haha

hueman

Son of a b***h Must Pay
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
HondaSpeedaX said:
That has to be one of the downright STUPIDEST comebacks I have EVER heard. To be honest, you really should go to another forum, CLUBCIVIC.COM, what could that possibly mean? maybe it's a place where people talk about civics, not bash them in comparison to a $32k sports car. So pull the Evo's shifter out of your ass and quit accusing him of being a ricer
:lol: noob. i gave him props for his car and it's probably my favorite EK ever. but his information (290whp w/cams, ITBs, header and tuning??) is not believable off hand. but hey, go on defending your champion of the civic... and one day maybe you'll be able to come up with 290 whp on a k series with just cams, itbs, header and tuning. because it's cool to believe everything on the internet! :lol: :lol:

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks like the same ol' CC :lol:

Sick car dude :thumbs up

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
is there any way u can change the format of the vid? i dont wanna dl the macro program just to watch 1 vid since its not my comp

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
hueman said:
:lol: noob. i gave him props for his car and it's probably my favorite EK ever. but his information (290whp w/cams, ITBs, header and tuning??) is not believable off hand. but hey, go on defending your champion of the civic... and one day maybe you'll be able to come up with 290 whp on a k series with just cams, itbs, header and tuning. because it's cool to believe everything on the internet! :lol: :lol:
Call me a ricer? hahahaha thats awesome!

You know, you really shouldnt say stuff like that if you dont know what your talking about. You're simply crazy if you think that a K20 civic will not run 12s stock. I have seen it with my own eyes, the car WE built ran 12.81 @ 108 with: k20a2, open header, intake, Kpro, lsd and slicks. Thats it!

Here is a dyno graph for you..

Car: Eg hatch

Engine: Bone stock k20a2

Mods: Rcrew header, 3" thermal exhaust, velocity stack intake, RBC intake manifold, K-pro

Tuning on 93 octane:

Pasted from the website. Thats 230 whp, without any significant mods.. add cams, valvesprings and ITB's and tell me you cant get 290whp with tuning. You're simply ignorant.

Thanks for liking my car, I like it to. And I'm not bullshitting you when I say...it's fast.

What is it with you and Evolutions? Again, who cares about those things? Why do you alway make a reference to them..what point are you trying to make?

I dont care what you think man..you're a hater..you just wont open your eyes and see whats really going on. Go to this site and look around..
www.k20a.org
Look at what setups people have, and look at their timeslips and MPH..it's simply amazing.

:!: By the way, a K20A2 complete swap minus labor is around 9-10k for anyone. I know because I sell them all day long.

Anyway, dont be rude to anyone in here because they are trying to wise you up..it's not fair to them. I would say the best thing to do is research before bashing my thread because it's not going to get you anywhere.