Laptop is Toast

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya so about a week ago my laptop started to act up on me. so i gave it to a guy i work with and he told me that my graphics card is fried. so im thinkin to myself wow this sucks so now i have to replace it. easy right, wrong. since i have and Alienware Area 51-m notebook a new card is 800 bucks. so im thinking to myself maybe ill just upgrade it but after talking more with him i may end up have to replace the motherboard also since it is part of it.

gahhhh!!!! i am pissed. ive only had it for like 6 months. suckiest part about it is i bought it off a guy that used to work with me and now he is gone and the warranty that came with is doesnt transfer over.

so ya now i payed 600 bucks for a computer i barely got to use and now i have to buy new. but i guess the good news would be that the guy that looked at it can build me a badass gaming machine for farely cheap.

i guess i should be happy though. he said he can get me pretty much any game i want and since i do alot of photography stuff's he is gonna put PS CS3 on there also so im stoked about that.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ya so about a week ago my laptop started to act up on me. so i gave it to a guy i work with and he told me that my graphics card is fried. so im thinkin to myself wow this sucks so now i have to replace it. easy right, wrong. since i have and Alienware Area 51-m notebook a new card is 800 bucks. so im thinking to myself maybe ill just upgrade it but after talking more with him i may end up have to replace the motherboard also since it is part of it.

gahhhh!!!! i am pissed. ive only had it for like 6 months. suckiest part about it is i bought it off a guy that used to work with me and now he is gone and the warranty that came with is doesnt transfer over.

so ya now i payed 600 bucks for a computer i barely got to use and now i have to buy new. but i guess the good news would be that the guy that looked at it can build me a badass gaming machine for farely cheap.

i guess i should be happy though. he said he can get me pretty much any game i want and since i do alot of photography stuff's he is gonna put PS CS3 on there also so im stoked about that.
Get me a price on that "badass gaming machine", and I'll bet you I can beat it.

bmyers4321

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get me a price on that "badass gaming machine", and I'll bet you I can beat it.
5-600 bucks for some of the best stuff on the market. and that will make my alienware look like a piece of crap.

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My buddy does all that computer stuff too.
That's how I got my PS, supposed to be one of the newest ones...
I barely have an idea how to use it...:oops:

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
5-600 bucks for some of the best stuff on the market. and that will make my alienware look like a piece of crap.
He's either paying for stuff himself or giving you used parts. Because you can't build a "Bad ass gaming rig" for $5-600.

Hell just the graphics card for a bad ass system is half that amount.

senatE

Titanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i think that he thinks he can but when he starts hes gonna be like o f**k unless he gets parts at cost. it took 3k to build my computer i had the newest best s**t out and i had a little help and it still took taht much. and i bet he is going to put photoshop cs3 illigally. but w.e floats your boat. o and my gfx car was 700 alone. just some info. not half the amount it was the whole amount.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you actually think people pay for photoshop????? Most people I can promise you never paid for one copy of PS. Ever see the price adobe charges for that s**t????

senatE

Titanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i know. i didnt pay. but i am just sayin if i had someone build my computer i wouldnt let them do it bc i dont know if they know exactly what they are doing and if they are doing it right..... i would rather do it myself. just bc i now how to do it. just like windows vista i didnt pay for that. my friend was a beta tester and he gave me the disk and i got to be the beta tester, :-) but i dont think that is illegal.

EgHatch93

EG Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Beta testing isnt illegal... And as far as adobe goes... They dont have the money Microcrap has... So theres no way they are gonna know if your copy is stolen... My reg. number on PS is 111111111111111111111111111111 hahaha.

bmyers4321

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i am getting a new one built for me for 6-700 bucks. i will have my list of parts probly tomorrow after work ill put it up. he actually gets his parts for really cheap. he used to be sponosored by Nvidia and another company i cant recall the name right now and he also knows the best places to looks for parts. nothing used goes into it except the case if he has one which ill be buying new anyway. and yes i will be getting CS3 and much more for free on this one =)