Lasor Detector? legal

hondatunerz2002

5+ Year Member
hey i recently bought myself a Cobra 10 band lasor detecotor, and its awesome no complaints but i read that it was legal in all 50 states in the back of the boook but, like if the Police pull you over will they harass you for having a lasor detector? -thanks

-Anthony >`

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hondatunerz2002 said:
hey i recently bought myself a Cobra 10 band lasor detecotor, and its awesome no complaints but i read that it was legal in all 50 states in the back of the boook but, like if the Police pull you over will they harass you for having a lasor detector? -thanks

-Anthony >`
I hear in some states they're illegal, but you're fine. They're legal in cali. I dont know about the harassing part though...

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
they'll probably tell you to turn it off and put it away.. put it somewhere where it's not visible..

steviethekidd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well if you get pulled over for speeding and a cop sees that hes probably going to assume you dont pay much attention to the road, your speed, or your laser detector so he probably wont let you slide.

dont get a laser detector, just drive the speed limit.

jdmallen97

Mad Jdm y0
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got pulled over a few times wit mine in my car but most of the time the cop doesnt care or i take it off b4 he gets to my car

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cost of Detector x Having the Detector + Speeding Ticket = Hilarious Burn

steviethekidd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Revolver said:
Cost of Detector x Having the Detector + Speeding Ticket = Hilarious Burn
thats what i was saying, haha.
if a cop catches you speeding and then notices you have a radar OF course hes going to ticket you just to make you feel that much more of a jackass.

if your that sketched out about getting a ticket for one, just stop speeding. its what i was getting at.

celtic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I plan on getting a radar detector...not so much for the speeding thing, but because it will go off most of the time and give me a chance to get my illegally tinted windows down before I pass the cop.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ive gotten pulled over with having a radar detector (im in new york) and the cop didnt say/do nething about it. but it'd be smart to pull it off before he gets to ur car.

nitebeest

5+ Year Member
They're legal. They're just like radar detectors. The only problem with laser detectors though is that the cops laser is only on when he pulls the trigger for it to be on. Most don't roll with it on because unlike radar where it covers an area, the laser is a bit more precise and he has to shoot it at your car.

What is illegal though (at least in CA, not sure about the other states) is a radar jammer. Now that I'd love to have, but if you get caught with one of those they'll impound your car and rip it apart to find it (as I said... at least in CA).

edit: spelling errors.

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nitebeest said:
What is illegal though (at least in CA, not sure about the other states) is a radar jammer. Now that I'd love to have, but if you get caught with one of those they'll impound your car and rip it apart to find it (as I said... at least in CA).
Active Radar Jammers are illegal anywhere in the US. Big penalties for getting caught with one.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nitebeest said:
They're legal. They're just like radar detectors. The only problem with laser detectors though is that the cops laser is only on when he pulls the trigger for it to be on. Most don't roll with it on because unlike radar where it covers an area, the laser is a bit more precise and he has to shoot it at your car.
and its annoying as s**t when the detector goes off when it's gettin laser. makes the most obnoxious blaring noise

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i know they are illegal in virginia. they aint all that bad... but it all depends if the radar/laser gun is even on.