Lasor Detector? legal

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've asked several cops and they've all said the same thing, "If I pull you over for speeding and I see you have a radar detector, you ARE getting a ticket."

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want a radar jammer... lol. just a side note.

BoxinEJ20

Dr. 20G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
one6 said:
I've asked several cops and they've all said the same thing, "If I pull you over for speeding and I see you have a radar detector, you ARE getting a ticket."
id rather them not pull me over and give thanks to the radar detector.

100Percen%

The Random One
5+ Year Member
Why is it such a concern whether or not radar detectors are legal? If it does it's job then there's no problem, right? If it doesn't do it's job, then you've got a crappy product and need to get a better one. I've never owned a radar detector so if my reasoning is flawed please let me know.

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Geez, around here, you'll get the speeding ticket, a ticket for having the radar, and you'll get your radar confiscated. They're harsh on it around here...

BoxinEJ20

Dr. 20G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a radar isnt illegal.

In fact if any of you read my post about cobb 2 wrx against civic. It saved my friends civic tonight. I took a ride in it and we were going atleast 120 (speedo was maxed) and his radar detector went off. We slowed down to 60 and surely a state trooper passed us just as we did.

I will post a vid of the encounter tomorrow. Its my first vid so dont hate...bitches.

biggiejerseys

5+ Year Member
BoxinEJ20 said:
a radar isnt illegal.

In fact if any of you read my post about cobb 2 wrx against civic. It saved my friends civic tonight. I took a ride in it and we were going atleast 120 (speedo was maxed) and his radar detector went off. We slowed down to 60 and surely a state trooper passed us just as we did.

I will post a vid of the encounter tomorrow. Its my first vid so dont hate...bitches.
damn man. If only i had one the day i got a ticket. I could've used that money for soemthign else...