lethal6's '93 Sedan

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good man,were did you buy the tweed? Ive been having trouble finding it lol

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
It's a local shop that sell upholstery and supplies to the public. Only one I can find here that isn't a wholesaler. My other option was going to be online. There is a couple online vendors that sell the stuff that the shops use.

My advise, if anyone were to tackle this job. Get a spray gun (you can get them at harbor freight for ~$20) I can get you the model number to the one I used if you want, and buy some HHT glue. The stuff out of the can is crap. Let me rephrase that, it's not good for a permanent set up, not complete crap, just not good for this kind of job. I have tried them all and all of them seem to start backing off after time and all but one backed off as soon as temps start rising in the spring/summer.

The glue I would recommend would be Dap landau top and trim adhesive. It is a high temp glue and is the exact same stuff guys like West Coast Customs uses for their interior work (I actually emailed them to see what they recommend). The smallest you can buy it is in a gallon but it is only like $30 online. You spend $15 a can for the crappy rattle can stuff and end up having to redo it anyway. Save money and do it right the first time. I learned the hard way.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Clean sedan bro! Where did you get that shift extender, its awesome!

emerican

Registered VIP
where the gauges in there when you bought it or did you put them in?
i see one is A/F mix whats the other?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Clean sedan bro! Where did you get that shift extender, its awesome!
Shift extender is from circuit hero if I remember right. I will look for the link tomorrow. On my phone ATM.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where the gauges in there when you bought it or did you put them in?
i see one is A/F mix whats the other?
The white ones were 2" autometer air/fuel and volt left over from a VW beetle build I had. Now I just have a single 2 5/8" autometer carbon volt gauge.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Shift extender is from circuit hero if I remember right. I will look for the link tomorrow. On my phone ATM.
Okay thank you bro, I've been trying to find hose but didn't know what was the good brand or best place to get one.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
http://www.circuithero.com/products.php

There ya go. Honda is the Type II extender. The price went up a little. I bought mine 2 years ago a ~$24 shipped. Quality is very nice though. Definitely worth it if that is what you are looking for.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did you have any problems with fitment.? Like did it screw on flush and feel solid?

emerican

Registered VIP
o ok i gotcha man
thats what i have is the autometer a/f and volt gauge
still want at least an autometer oil pressure gauge

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Subb'd,your sedan is just so clean, and that's my favorite color on an eg, my second fav is the real green on coupes and hatches. what did you think of the nrg quick release also?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did you have any problems with fitment.? Like did it screw on flush and feel solid?
No fitment problems. Only problem is because of the head unit I have in currently. I has a built in cradle that holds my iPhone and uses the iPhone as the stereo. When I shift into 1st, 3rd, and 5th I the docked phone. Not a huge deal though, I just tilt it down so my hand goes under it if needed.

It doesn't feel as solid as just a short throw and a knob but it doesn't feel like it is going to snap off or anything.

o ok i gotcha man
thats what i have is the autometer a/f and volt gauge
still want at least an autometer oil pressure gauge
I love the gauge, just don't really like it in the pillar pod but it was my only option for now. I am thinking about putting it down in the audio console some how. Haven't thought it through yet though.

Subb'd,your sedan is just so clean, and that's my favorite color on an eg, my second fav is the real green on coupes and hatches. what did you think of the nrg quick release also?
Nrg quick release is very nice. I have had it in 3 vehicles so far and it still hooks and unhooks like it is brand new. Only thing I would recommend is to at least get the short hub as the regular coupled with the quick release puts the steering wheel pretty far out. To put it back to stock level you would need the short hub and the short quick release.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay cool, thanks a lot man you've been a big help, tuned in for more updates! Get a lip! :lol:

emerican

Registered VIP
have you seen my gauge pod?
if not look thru my build thread and check it out you will like it
i dont like a pillars ones if theres more than one it and i probably wouldnt even put one it it always looks a little out of place to me for some reason.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah. I would love to have one like that but they don't make them for the 5th gens from what I can find.

emerican

Registered VIP
hmm didnt think about that ill try to find one, but im sure you know better than me if they make them or not for 5ths

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did some searching, bored here at work. It's f'kn dead here. Porsche + winter = no busines!! Well, the numbers are good this month but it is because we are doing 2 transmission replacements and 1 full engine. Engine only has 12k on it and they are replacing it under warranty. Has a misfire on cylinder #2! They busted a piston ring during assembly and it was still in there pounding around! Beat the crap out of that cylinder wall. Doh!!

Motor is $15K with a $21k warranty.

Anyway, I researched the gauge pods. There is a company that makes a couple different kinds and one is like the one you have. Unfortunately the gauges are the smaller ones. Mine won't fit. Going to have to do some deciding. I really don't like the pillar pod so this might happen in the future...

96roma: you might get a kick out of this. I am thinking about picking it up. Have been for a while now. Takes the extender to a whole new level and puts the circuit hero one to shame.

http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=7106

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^yeah I saw that when I was searching for extended shifters, that thing is awesome! I just can't justify 200$ for racing shifter to dd with:lol: that's pretty cool man, what's the next plans for the saloon?