Letter to the President

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
got this from a friends facebook:

Pictured is a young physician by the name of Dr. Roger Starner Jones. His short two-paragraph letter to the White House accurately puts the blame on a "Culture Crisis" instead of a "Health Care Crisis"..

It's worth a quick read:

Dear Mr. President:
During my shift in the Emergency Room last night, I had the pleasure of evaluating a patient whose smile revealed an expensive shiny gold tooth, whose body was adorned with a wide assortment of elaborate and costly tattoos, who wore a very expensive brand of tennis shoes and who chatted on a new cellular telephone equipped with a popular R&B ringtone.

While glancing over her patient chart, I happened to notice that her payer status was listed as "Medicaid"! During my examination of her, the patient informed me that she smokes more than one pack of cigarettes every day, eats only at fast-food take-outs, and somehow still has money to buy pretzels and beer. And, you and our Congress expect me to pay for this woman's health care? I contend that our nation's "health care crisis" is not the result of a shortage of quality hospitals, doctors or nurses. Rather, it is the result of a "crisis of culture" a culture in which it is perfectly acceptable to spend money on luxuries and vices while refusing to take care of one's self or, heaven forbid, purchase health insurance. It is a culture based in the irresponsible credo that "I can do whatever I want to because someone else will always take care of me". Once you fix this "culture crisis" that rewards irresponsibility and dependency, you'll be amazed at how quickly our nation's health care difficulties will disappear.

Respectfully,
ROGER STARNER JONES, MD

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Two thumbs up to this guy!! That was an AWESOME letter, and I hope he actually sent it.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if this is posted online he probably got fired, or is about to get fired. He broke the patient confidentiality. He broke HIPPA guidelines. Not saying he's wrong in what he is saying, but you honestly can't do that kinda stuff.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
He didnt mention the patients name, therefore I dont see how he broke confidentiality. The patients physical description could be seen by ANYONE sitting in the hospital, therefore I do not think that he did anything wrong.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you do have a point, but its still an awesome letter lol. i thought vjf would like this haha

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if this is posted online he probably got fired, or is about to get fired. He broke the patient confidentiality. He broke HIPPA guidelines. Not saying he's wrong in what he is saying, but you honestly can't do that kinda stuff.
He didnt mention the patients name, therefore I dont see how he broke confidentiality. The patients physical description could be seen by ANYONE sitting in the hospital, therefore I do not think that he did anything wrong.
so true the guy didn't say anyone names so i don't think he'll get fired for this. i work in medical field and this doctor is right i see people going to my hospital with all this nice clothes and s**t and finds out they have medicare where the f**k do they get all this money and can't somehow apply for health insurance. and some of them thinks they're that they can boss around us in the hospital but think again assholes i'm the one paying for your stay here in the hospital that sandwhich your eating that s**t comes out of my paycheck cuz you dumb f**king s**t can't find a job.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
this is from 2009. An if you wana read up on hippa.. Just seach

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
To clear up my response to Matt's post, I wasnt saying you were wrong Matt. I was using COMMON SENSE to judge how I felt, but common sense does not always dictate how things are run.

Sad part is, nothing will be done about people like this.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's a double edged sword. This same doctor probably drives an expensive car, lives in an expensive house, in an expensive neighborhood, with an expensive wife. The health care industry is completely bloated with over priced and over payed people, but people like this also cause health care premiums to be the price they are.

There was a video where one stapler used in surgery cost the hospital over 1400 dollars. This is why people cannot afford healthcare. Instead of having a national healthcare, we need the government to step in and go "Hey, bring your prices down to be more affordable."

The whole health care system needs a revamp, get rid of the doctors who say "I need to be paid 750,000 a year to do this." No motherfucker, you don't. Yeah, what you do is a great thing, but you don't need no 750,000 a year to do it.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I could probably write the same story going against giving students grants. It is the same stuff. Why is it acceptable to pay some guy to go through school when he uses that money to get wasted every night and buy non school items and yet somehow it is wrong to help people with healthcare.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's a double edged sword. This same doctor probably drives an expensive car, lives in an expensive house, in an expensive neighborhood, with an expensive wife. The health care industry is completely bloated with over priced and over payed people, but people like this also cause health care premiums to be the price they are.

There was a video where one stapler used in surgery cost the hospital over 1400 dollars. This is why people cannot afford healthcare. Instead of having a national healthcare, we need the government to step in and go "Hey, bring your prices down to be more affordable."

The whole health care system needs a revamp, get rid of the doctors who say "I need to be paid 750,000 a year to do this." No motherfucker, you don't. Yeah, what you do is a great thing, but you don't need no 750,000 a year to do it.
Doctors should make bank. They go to school for 8+ years, and dedicate their entire working life to medicine. Do you really want someone making $10 an hour to operate on your loved ones??

Health care IS affordable. People CHOOSE not to afford it. What is more important in life....having healthcare or having an iphone/ipad/etc?

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Doctors should make bank. They go to school for 8+ years, and dedicate their entire working life to medicine. Do you really want someone making $10 an hour to operate on your loved ones??

Health care IS affordable. People CHOOSE not to afford it. What is more important in life....having healthcare or having an iphone/ipad/etc?
Pft this is a civic forum..
What's the most important thing in life?
Hearing that vtec kick in yo!

Lol but I agree with yu how ever I do think standard stuff should be less expensive and shot like face lifts and what not should be hella expensive cause no 1 needs it.

But hell I work in a grocery store as closing front Ed coordinator.. Basicly i manage the cashiers..
I can't stand seeing some 1 buy 150$ of wic crap then get 200$ of food card s**t and when I help them to the car they have a brand new bmw... This is a ressesion WTF? How come I but my ass but don't qualify for s**t? Yet people that clearly don't need help, rape the system and my taxes. The system is corrupt and will be Long after we die.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

They go to school for 8+ years, boo-freaking-who. A lot of other majors do, and they aren't making 500,000+ a year.

Should they make good money? Sure, but almost a million a year? f**k that, that's the reason healthcare is the way it is.

Too many don't get health insurance because they cannot afford to have 100+ dollars taken out of their pay. Are they the people like the "doctor" described above? No. They are the people who work hard for a living, living life paycheck to paycheck. They are the ones who get screwed.

Try going to the hospital without health care. An average visit to the hospital will cost over 300 dollars. That's just to be looked at, that's not including medication if it's needed.

How about having health care insurance, then being dropped because your too expensive to the insurance company because you have cancer, or some other illness.

You have doctors who do it for the money: Ones who drive a Porsche to work, and all that.

Ones who do it because they want to help people: They run community clinics which are affordable to people who cannot afford health insurance.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Having good insurance will make hospitals cut back on pricey salaries.. I mean, my insurance TELLS the hospitals/doctors what they want to pay.

But I agree with this. It also say that they should go to manditory drug testing if you want gov't paid incentives. Grants, Medicaid.. etc. If you can afford your pot, then you don't need help.
(sorry you pot heads on here) :D

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
They go to school for 8+ years, boo-freaking-who. A lot of other majors do, and they aren't making 500,000+ a year.

Should they make good money? Sure, but almost a million a year? f**k that, that's the reason healthcare is the way it is.

Too many don't get health insurance because they cannot afford to have 100+ dollars taken out of their pay. Are they the people like the "doctor" described above? No. They are the people who work hard for a living, living life paycheck to paycheck. They are the ones who get screwed.

Try going to the hospital without health care. An average visit to the hospital will cost over 300 dollars. That's just to be looked at, that's not including medication if it's needed.

How about having health care insurance, then being dropped because your too expensive to the insurance company because you have cancer, or some other illness.

You have doctors who do it for the money: Ones who drive a Porsche to work, and all that.

Ones who do it because they want to help people: They run community clinics which are affordable to people who cannot afford health insurance.
this.

and 300 bucks would be an exceptionally cheap visit to the hospital. just sayin'.

also, cheap health insurance = shitty health insurance. like working 37.5 hours a week so you're not full time and offered expensive, crappy insurance options. 'cuz paying a couple hundred a month for health insurance that has a preexisting conditions clause AND doesn't cover a lot is totally worth it. :roll:

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I could probably write the same story going against giving students grants. It is the same stuff. Why is it acceptable to pay some guy to go through school when he uses that money to get wasted every night and buy non school items and yet somehow it is wrong to help people with healthcare.
I dont think that the government should GIVE anything.. they are there to govern.. NOT to serve the role of a financial lender.. remove all the bloated BS from gov spending and taxes should drop through the floor..

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
t's a double edged sword. This same doctor probably drives an expensive car, lives in an expensive house, in an expensive neighborhood, with an expensive wife..
ummm... maybe they earned it? or maybe those things just magically fell into their hands from the sky? pick one!

They go to school for 8+ years, boo-freaking-who
boo f**king hoo huh?? lol

please multiply 8 x whatever a doctor's Universities tuition cost.

ok? who's f**king fault is that? . get a better paying job or get that damn second job, or a third job, or fourth job, or fifth job. Do something about. don't b***h about it. DO something about it.

oh, shortage of jobs right? boo f**king hoo, keep looking.. there's jobs, stop making excuses!

oh, so you found a job, but its not the job of your dream right or it doesn't pay you what you want it to pay you.

------------------------------------------

Ready for the bottom line Jolly?

Go look at yourself in a mirror and ask yourself this "what am i going to do about it?"

It's very normal to envy other's assets that you and i might not have. its absolutely normal. it's in human nature.

"what am i going to do about it"

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
and 300 bucks would be an exceptionally cheap visit to the hospital. just sayin'.
When I dislocated my shoulder 6 months ago and had to go to the hospital, the bill came out to $400 just for the visit, the x-ray charge was separate.