lights dim when i step on the gas

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hm, my friend works there...maybe he can look it up.

i edited the first post stating i just replaced the alternator...
if you find it let me know i have been having the same problem :(

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What gauge wire did you use for your big 3? Did you solder as well as crimp, just to be sure you're not getting voltage drops? Did you move up to a high output alternator? Are you running amps? Do you still experience the problem with the radio/amps off?

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
if you find it let me know i have been having the same problem :(
i will man...its not THAT big of a deal...its just annoying.

What gauge wire did you use for your big 3? Did you solder as well as crimp, just to be sure you're not getting voltage drops? Did you move up to a high output alternator? Are you running amps? Do you still experience the problem with the radio/amps off?
4 gauge. and i just crimped the wires...and i just am using a regular alternator...not a high output one. and i have no amp/subs. ill try it with the radio off. im sure itll still do it though its pretty much all the lights in the car

alternator
i just replaced it...

99civicy8

5+ Year Member
i was just having well still having a problem with my charging system it acted like it was the altenator my subs cut out then whenever i touch the brakes or turned on the lights it cut out untill it finally died and wouldent start i replaced the battery and told the alt out and brought it to autozone they said it was charging put it back in and it reads lower on the multimeter then when off..reads around 12 so i was wondering the same thing if the voltage regulator inside is bad. but if u have a mulitmeter put it on dc and read it off the battery with it off should be around 12 then start it and if it reads around 13-14 its charging.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
interesting... did u have the battery checked?
and yes a battery can go bad that fast..

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
your friend ever get to look up that recall info?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ok well the engine harness was bought new, about 2 years ago, its still minty. alternator was replaced last week. you still think it would affect me?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
and just to add. it only does it once ive been driving for a bit.

for example, after about 10 mins. of driving tonight it started doing it...

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
YEAH thats what im pretty sure it is...but idk where its located...

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its under the fuse box under the hood you just have to replace the whole box in order to fix it with a good one. They are about 40 bucks on ebay