Log mani vs Ram horn

needanew1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Will it really be worth it to spend the extra amount of money on a Ram Horn Manifold vs getting a log manifold? And will i have clearance issuse with a ram horn manifold on my itr thats in a 97 ex at the moment?

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ramhorn ftw....even tho they are mad expensive...thats wat im gonna try and get

needanew1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks for the input, i was planning on doing the ramhorn, just worried about spending the cash on it and not having enough room, but ill make it work. Thanks again!

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im going with a cost alternative medium: mini-ram

still tubular so its not as restrictive as a log and will make good power, yet the runners are still short enough to help promote quick spool

needanew1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ryan89crx said:
im going with a cost alternative medium: mini-ram

still tubular so its not as restrictive as a log and will make good power, yet the runners are still short enough to help promote quick spool
Yea, thats another one i was looking into, seems like a good design

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think the ramhorn is better do to the shape. something about how the air moves. but i could be mistaken.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The only downfall with ram horns or other custom manifolds is the fact they also have a tendency to crack. I've seen love-fab's crack and they are well over $1000. I'm going to be using a log on my setup until it breaks and/or I find a good deal on something else.

In the end, you may not open up that extra power, but if you get a hairline in your ramhorn mani, you'll end up losing all that power just as fast as you made it.

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
isn't there alot more turbo lag on the ramhorns as well?? im going to run a log when i get my setup. that way i get to keep my ac

needanew1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well then screw it, lol ill save alot of dough and just do my first setup with a log, if all goes not well then ill do try the ramhorn when i have more cash.

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
--<EM1>-- said:
isn't there alot more turbo lag on the ramhorns as well?? im going to run a log when i get my setup. that way i get to keep my ac
u can keep a/c with ramhorn

jdmallen97

Mad Jdm y0
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Revolver said:
http://crpturbo.com/
$275 Log Manifold
$650 Ramhorn Manifold
ummm i think the medusa header looks sick and i have a quick question so since the ramhorn is better than the log then which one is better out of the ramhorn and the top mount manifold full race has?

civicsi94

dial up ownz me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there are a/c comapt. ramhorm manifolds. the only downfall is slightly later spool time versus the log mani which gives slightly faster spool time. IMO. if u are building the motor and boosting high later on down the road. go ramhorn. if u are keeping the motor stock then stay log

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
medusa looks nuts...I swear you'd lose power with that lol

That site has fair prices tho...any reviews on their products on the web?

civicsi94

dial up ownz me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no doubt lol. but i do like lovefab's mani.... but i am alittle short on cash......that and the ecu is all thats holding me from boost man.lol

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
--<EM1>-- said:
isn't there alot more turbo lag on the ramhorns as well??
in the HT test, spool time was 250-300 rpm sooner with the log. not much IMO

civicsi94

dial up ownz me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but u get better peak power with the ramhorn versus the log in addtion