Logan's new whip

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys so I gave my green four door to my sister and bought this today. 04 civic ex with 182k from the Honda dealer ship for a deal. I have to pay off some of the car before I start changing things. Plan is fix what is broken and put it on some H&R springs followed my corrective suspension geometry then drive it. What do you guys think.

8/16/13 Brought her home.

04 Civic by logan98036wa, on Flickr

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn that's clean man. Not a fan of those years but it looks nice.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn that's clean man. Not a fan of those years but it looks nice.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks man! I still don't know how I feel about the style of it but I will make it work. Nothing wrong with quirky right?

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good! I approve. Lol

Bay shot?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thread moved. Please leave the tech sections for technical questions.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
8/23/13 I pulled my driver seat out of the car to dissasemble it and replair the rails. When I got into it I found that it was just the two 14mm bolts that had worked them self loose. Tightened them followed by cleaning and lubing the moving parts before re-installation to the car. I also cleaned the carpets under and around the driver seat with Sonax carpet cleaner to get some of the stains from the previous owner out and freshen the interior up.

I am hoping to purchase my new door actuator and timing beltkit this week.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
9:16:13 Replaced door actuator motor and new windshield whipers.

DSC_0985 by logan98036wa, on Flickr

DSC_1004 by logan98036wa, on Flickr
This is where it goes, b**** to get out to find the dealership gave me the wrong one because of a catalog error. In the end it took me 3 hours start to finish with out instructions and the 45 minute trip to the dealership. This next picture is a panel diagram that I found helpful

5 by logan98036wa, on Flickr
Found this inside of the door from a few years back, the address is about 50 miles away from where I live.

DSC_1003 by logan98036wa, on Flickr
replaced my worn out blades

blades by logan98036wa, on Flickr
Finally got an amp so I can work on my sound. Plan is to sound deaden the doors and install new speakers. I used dynamat in my last car but it was messy and unsightly so I am looking for a different brand.

DSC_0963 by logan98036wa, on Flickr

DSC_0962 by logan98036wa, on Flickr

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks taluzer45 and thecoupe! The support helps me keep the motivation to work on the car. I picked up the supplies for my oil change as well as my driver side door sensor. I took a picture to try and make nothing look fancy. :cool:

DSC_0047 logan98036wa
Decided that I will be using Honda oil for the rest of the time I own the car because it's the correct thing to do.

Then I found this book sitting by my door so its mine now.

DSC_0050 logan98036wa

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bad news; so ran into my first real problem with the car When replacing my timing belt I damaged my alternator lead post trying to remove the harness (10mm nut that is on a stud going into the assembly) causing it to later come loose while driving. When the car ran out of battery it did some weird things that I hope you guys can help me make sense of. First, my check engine light is on but the car died before I could pull the code. Next the ABS light came on until the cluster stopped working but stayed lit. as the car came to its last minute of operation the seatbelt and brake indicators started flashing before it stalled. I also notised that the battery light would flash when I revved the motor. do you guys think I may have damaged any of the computers? or should I try to rebuild the alternator. any help would be great.