Lowered Teins 6sic6

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AEM EJ1tuner said:
Contests are one thing... TEIN coils are another. Although, my TEIN springs are chillin' in my trunk, waiting for a matching set of struts. Unfortunately, TEIN has not responded to my email... stupid f**kers...
Hey, when you get a good match of struts for your Stechs, let us know. I need to know which kind to get too.

Those Basics are hot! I def would get them, but I need to find a new apartment first and the money has to go towards that.

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
T!mmy said:
hey if you get time will you take like a ruler and set it on the ground by your sideskirt so I can see how high it is from ss to ground?
There's 4 1/2" between the concrete and the skirt! ;) sorry it took me so long bro.
Melt said:
First off, what percent tint you got on the front windows, thats tight.

Second off, i wish i woulda gotten tein i think i spent like $460 + $70 on my accord to go tokico illuminas with neuspeed race, the illuminas were brand new, neuspeed off ebay and it rides ok but nowhere near as good as it could. Then again since my accord weighs almost 3000 lbs its not gonna be as smooth as a civic is ... ive ridden in civs with 2" drops on stock shocks and they ride good.

My old 91 civic was never lowered so it was pretty much my first time buying suspension s**t, i did some research but not enough, i shoulda gone with some eibach sportlines.
Watup Melt! I paid no attention to what percentage they said it was. I think it's 20%??? :roll: When I was at the tint shop they pointed and said this one's legal and if you want we'll do this one, which was one step darker than what's legal here in missouri. The 3 rear windows are limo tint.
I'm still lovin the teins.... no problems yet! 8)

Blowncivic1320

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whoa, VERYYYYYY nice

not sure if its been asked (not in a reading mood) but are those 18s?

I LOVE YOUR CAR NOW!!!!

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Blowncivic1320 said:
whoa, VERYYYYYY nice

not sure if its been asked (not in a reading mood) but are those 18s?

I LOVE YOUR CAR NOW!!!!
Thanks bro. 8)
It's been asked but that's allrite... yes, they're 18s. ;)

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
6sic6 said:
I was gonna get the ss too but, after finding out the ride quality differences it wasn't worth the extra $150-$200. The ss apparently is a lil rougher ride as it's made a lil more for the track. For a daily driver the basics gave a sportier feel. I love em. 8)
Tein SS are made for the streets with some ocassionally track use, adjustabilty being the great plus.

I looked at Tein's website and the SS and Basics have the same spring rates. Tein SS are recommended to be set at 8 front/8 rear, so the Basics' dampering level should be around that range there somewhere.

I have Tein SS and they rode pretty smooth on the recommended setting, but after getting sway bars, trunk bar (something similar to the rear strut bar) and tires with thinner profile and harder sidewalls, the ride went to hell. Setting it on 4 front/4 rear then retain it's smoothness again.

The only problem I see with the Basic, is you have a set dampening level, and cannot make adjustment for if you change somethings around. I would go with Koni yellows and Ground Control for the same amount. If I can go back, I'd just stick with Koni and GC.

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^I'd never go with a set of sleeves over an actual mated set of coilovers.

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
scottwillcocks said:
sweet ride man,, love it
Thanks bro... your ride looks pretty sweet too. :thumbs up

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First off,... that s**t is f**king awesome. Nice ...Nice any way ... I was looking at a set of tien coilovers but I wanted to know how the effect handeling and high speed cornering. I cant see myself droping over a grand just to lower my car so I wanted to find out from someone who knew. I know my car would look a lot better after a drop but I think I am done doing thinks for looks for now, I need to improve my performance, so as an autox mod are they worth it?

p.s. I want to jack those rims too j/p

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
King Bob said:
First off,... that s**t is f**king awesome. Nice ...Nice any way ... I was looking at a set of tien coilovers but I wanted to know how the effect handeling and high speed cornering. I cant see myself droping over a grand just to lower my car so I wanted to find out from someone who knew. I know my car would look a lot better after a drop but I think I am done doing thinks for looks for now, I need to improve my performance, so as an autox mod are they worth it?

p.s. I want to jack those rims too j/p
Thanks for the compliments man. As far as autox... i honestly have no clue, my car doesn't see anything close to that. By most definitions it's a garage queen. It does take a curve a lot different now though. Grips like a mofo and there's no body roll. They seem strong as hell though and I haven't heard a noise at all out of them yet. But, as far as autox, I don't know bro. I would think they'd be more valuable to you than a set of springs and shock or sleeves.

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
BlackEJ84 said:
these rims are outrageously big. lol but the lowering job is nice man.
thanks.... I think. 8)

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well it's because of his car that I'm getting 18s ;)

98civichx

SILVER EJ7
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you still have the old shocks????if so how much do you want for them...ive blown my fronts..done this before i lowered it and didnt even know till i lowered mine....i like the ride with factory shocks so id love to take them off your hands if you still have em.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude get yourself some tokico blues or koni reds or some s**t, believe me you think your s**t rides good on stock shocks before you put some aftermarkets in.

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks for the compliments guys...
I've gone back and forth from black and red brake drums and calipers... I get more compliments on the red so it's stayed that way for a while.
As for the carbon fiber.... I just haven't gotten to that yet.........