Ls turbo or build D turbo?

kikidawn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok i know this have been talk about many time...but would you swap in a LS (stock)and turbo it for about 3g or stay with your turbo D and work on the internal for around half the price?

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
depends what you are looking for
look at some of the other threads to see everyones answers

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ls turbo, period. I want to buy another civic and build up an Ls and boost it senseless.

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ls will def give more power with the money. it all depends on what your goals are.

kikidawn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think i would be alot more happy with an LS turbo then what i got now. Turbo y8.

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The two arent even comparable really. That's like asking "Should I get a SI or a Geo Metro for half the price?"..

It all depends on how much money you have to blow..

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey guys, what do you think about a gsr turbo, i mean, you get more base horsepower, and the compression isn't too high. Plus, i've read that with more compression, you will get more horsepower on less psi, but you just can't go running 20 psi without doing extreme internals and what not. I mean, say 7-10psi on a stock gsr block with a intake, headers and maybe some pistons and injectors wouldn't be too bad. What do you guys think?

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
huh, header and intake on turbo?

with a turbo, you have to have a turbo manifold and intake piping

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
AlexM said:
What do you guys think?

i think you're a 15 year old who watches too many hollywood movies and has big dreams. i admire your ability to regurgitate catchwords, however that wont get you anywhere. stick around, do a lot of reading, as much as you possibly can, then buy a car, and take it apart, and then you can let your budget and your dreams take over.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ahahahaha, thanks for that man, i know i like to dream, but right now i got about 5 g's to drop on a hatch, and i'm working parttime, well actually alot more than regular parttime and i'll be working next summer construction. I didn't ask if you think i dont have enough money or not, and ya i might not know my stuff, but whats your opinion. ahahahha i know i dont know much, but seriously, i've been looking around on all these forums and different sites for a couple months now. I guess i've been reading stuff wrong. hahaha, thanks though, your opinion would be dope though.

kikidawn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well this Ls turbo of mine isn't going into the car until spring or summer anway. So i am actually going to build it slowly , but it's gonna be right. The motor now sit at my friend shop getting ready to be tear down! I can wait until it is done....but once i am done i will poost up some picture. It might be done sooner then i think. That is if i decided to leave the internal alone and boost it on stock internal. But then since i have the time and the motor is out why not just get it all done one time!..

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Spend the money and go ls turbo..... if you really want to spend the money, go the route my buddy did, fuilly built and boosted ls/vtec pushing 568whp

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im going to be the underdog here and say turbo D!! im all about the budget hp =)

i picked up my complete a6 swap for $150, and have seen many more at that price. after building my sohc with forged internals, i will still be cheaper than an LS in stock form and my sohc will handle more power.

LS motors can handle about 300whp max in stock form. the 405hp sohc on HT can be duplicated for under $500(after motor purchase). OBX LSD install by Mista Bone himself run roughly $550, seems the total price for a built sohc + LSD trans would be probably $100 more than your average LS motor. the turbo kit will be roughly the same amount for either motor, prices will be roughly the same either way.

ill pick the sohc in that comparison

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ryan89crx said:
LS motors can handle about 300whp max.
SleepingSol said:
... the route my buddy did, fuilly built and boosted ls/vtec pushing 568whp

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stock vs. built....

i dont see why you are quoting that...

here, i edited to make it a little more clear

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
im gonna have to go with ryan also.....a built turbo D will put out more than a stock ls turbo......then again if u have the money build the LS then turbo it:thumbs up

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Chaos said:
im gonna have to go with ryan also.....a built turbo D will put out more than a stock ls turbo....
exactly.

but if we are talking about all-out power, D is not where its at. neither is B for that matter

built turbo D > stock turbo LS....and roughly the same money in either setup