Ls turbo or build D turbo?

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Handlebars said:
i think you're a 15 year old who watches too many hollywood movies and has big dreams. i admire your ability to regurgitate catchwords, however that wont get you anywhere. stick around, do a lot of reading, as much as you possibly can, then buy a car, and take it apart, and then you can let your budget and your dreams take over.
mike, put your f**king eyes away. they mike mine water.

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

i suspect drug usage

:D

Last edited:

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you know you could be right. no offense, but looks like your absolutely stoned outta your mind in your picture there.

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The d will be torquer, but most people are going to say the LS and i agree

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I accually think the b20 would be better. That will make up the torque diffrance, and get the GSR tranny.. that would be nice

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DAF said:
I accually think the b20 would be better. That will make up the torque diffrance, and get the GSR tranny.. that would be nice
b20 sleeves are nowhere close to being as resilient as the b16/b18 sleeves.

b20's boosted can be safe,but you have less room for error.

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
vandynamics said:
b20 sleeves are nowhere close to being as resilient as the b16/b18 sleeves.

b20's boosted can be safe,but you have less room for error.
B20s are boosted all the time, and of course a b16/b18 will be more resilient, they dont have as big of a bore. Get the danm thing cryo'd and it almost indestructable anyways

deftone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
id say an LS has more potential as in if you plan to build it up later down the road... other wise you can make a semi built d16 have as much HP as a LS. example.... i made 260whp at 12psi on a stock LS. turbo95eg made 260whp on a d16 at 15psi with pistons/rods/headstuds.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How about you use the money to go to SCHOOL, you know college, trade school, something after highschool. You obviously don't know much about cars, so my question would be who is putting the kit on for you? Tuning the setup cost money. Maintenance on a boosted car is more. You don't have the years in driving like some of us. I would suspect that being that young with a boosted car your balls are going to get really big and try to race everything in sight, getting you in trouble and making the cops look at honda's even harder then they already do, but that is all just specalations. Once you get out of mommy and daddy's house money becomes more tight and finding a decent paying job is hard. Of course I went to college and have a good paying job and live on my own, so I can afford to put stuff on my car. Not being mean but just making you think outside the box.
Oh and to answer your question boosted ls all the way with an lsd to put the power to the ground.

Newspeed

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boost the D! put some pistons out of a vitara and some nice rods a basic home made turbo set-up and you can make some serious numbers!